• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dell Comics lot (with a couple Gold Key comics - 14 books total) - Donald Duck, Huckleberry Hound, Mickey Mouse, Mister Magoo, Uncle Scrooge & Woody Woodpecker

23 posts in this topic

Dell Comics lot (with a couple Gold Key comics) - Donald Duck, Huckleberry Hound, Mickey Mouse, Mister Magoo, Uncle Scrooge & Woody Woodpecker

Mostly nice looking lower mid-grade copies with a couple higher grade exceptions. 

Asking $75.00 shipped CONUS for all 14 comics

First :takeit: in the thread wins. Please do not edit your post after posting :takeit:

PAYMENT
Paypal only. Payments should be made within three days of receiving invoice from me. 

SHIPPING
CONUS shipping included in sale price.
These will be shipped in a medium USPS Priority Flat Rate box.

I love our Canadian and overseas members, but will only ship CONUS right now. 

I will ship books within three days of receiving payment. After I ship, I will send you a USPS tracking number.

I will not sell to any H.O.S. Members or anyone currently on the probation list.

Although I've never had any issues, full or partial refunds available if you contact me within 10 days of receiving your purchase. I do not offer refunds on CGC graded books.

I think that covers it. Here's the books!

I’m just doing front cover scans to save some time, but if someone really needs back cover scans, I am happy to oblige.

Most of the back covers don’t have any major problems with the exception of Woody Woodpecker 21 which has some moisture damage to the top left corner.

Staples are secure on all books and paper quality is very nice and at least off-white on all books with the only exception being Mickey Mouse 64 (cream).

Donald Duck 51 - VG/F (5.0) - Some vertical stress/creasing along spine. Some of them slightly break color.

image.thumb.jpeg.c34d08917654f3f22fe3c23eb5bc02ff.jpeg

Donald Duck 64 - F- (5.5) - Some non color breaking indentions in the lower right front cover. A thumb sized grey block of color on back cover that looks like a printing error. It matches the grey ink in the advertisement on the back.

image.thumb.jpeg.de2d554dd56a34bb3d228aa2896d06c7.jpeg

Huckleberry Hound 3 - VG (4.0) - Long diagonal non color breaking crease that begins about 1/3rd down from the top of the book on the open edge and goes at around a 65 degree angle to the bottom of the book. Stress and light color breaking creases along spine.

image.thumb.jpeg.2fecc082b10fe12ce39ad898b7074398.jpeg

Huckleberry Hound 29 - F+ (6.5) - Really nice copy that looks much higher grade in hand. Small corner bend upper right front cover and a small thumb crease near that corner as well. A really light bend in the middle of the book where the bicycle handlebars are. 

image.thumb.jpeg.18ed1c3672b16db4f7c83b6584fa973c.jpeg

Mickey Mouse 47 - VG/F (5.0) - Yellow is nice and bright. Has what looks like color rub along with a very small circular indention toward upper right front cover. A few other non color breaking indentions on cover as well. Very nice book though.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa4cc97450e21b2f8f603f05bd469e54.jpeg

Mickey Mouse 58 - VG+ (4.5) - Small stain spot (does not bleed through) next to first log. Open edge front cover has a bit of a rough edge toward the lower half along with a soft lower right corner.

image.thumb.jpeg.b605a8e0bfd0eb913bcac7f7709fa06d.jpeg

Mickey Mouse 64 - VG/F (5.0) - Maybe 5.5. Very, very light non color breaking crease upper right front cover. Some loss of gloss and page quality is cream on interior. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e8061e51b7b60d89e99bc0cd2e025d8a.jpeg

Mister Magoo 3 - G/VG (3.0) - Multiple color breaking creases and some small tears. I think they are all visible in scan. Back cover is a little nicer but has some similar defects.

image.thumb.jpeg.39990d0a2dd43300e3649fe306917a59.jpeg

New Funnies 191 - Fine- (5.5) - Nice looking copy. Has a slight bend to book about an inch in from the staples on the left front cover. Almost like a very light sub crease. Most noticeable at the top of book.

image.thumb.jpeg.9314870915ae03d418e0cf9d125e2c21.jpeg

Uncle Scrooge 14 - VG/VG+ (4.0/4.5) - Some dirt and very light staining (looks almost like fingerprints) next to Uncle Scrooges head and elbow. Grease pencil mark upper left corner area. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5eb6ee409c2d8c24af0a8a520213cd77.jpeg

Woody Woodpecker 16 - VG (4.0) - Looks nicer but there is a stain  behind Woody’s head that also goes through the first 6 or 7 pages. Above that there is a very light moisture stain (does not bleed through) and a slight bend to the right side of the front cover.

image.thumb.jpeg.70644125af6d7b6fe20c93c497a95e63.jpeg

Woody Woodpecker 17 - VF-/VF (7.5/8.0) - Nicest book in the lot. Really nice higher grade copy. Has a light pen impression above Woody’s beak. Otherwise really nice.

image.thumb.jpeg.85b0e225fcdad6003916315f1a3b3d6a.jpeg

Woody Woodpecker 21 - Good (2.0) - Nice looking for grade. Moisture stain visible on front and back cover (top left corner on back) along with some visible staining. Interior pages have some tears (1/2" to 3/4") and folds at the bottom of several pages. The tears and folds do not affect story/art.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3779b10ae53892952faec5e96b7b085.jpeg

That's it!

I am always open to reasonable offers.

I would like to try and sell these as one group lot, but if that doesn't work out I may consider selling individual books. I will give it a few days.

Thanks for looking!

On 2/26/2024 at 10:56 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Damn the reptilian assault!

Damn you!

naw, really though - nice nice take dude. Very nice 

Yeah that Woody #17 is sort of a fish in the face cover!