• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi, all;

I've consigned the complete 17 page story colour guides for Detective Comics #471, written by Steve Englehart, Penciled by Marshall Rogers and hand-painted by Jerry Serpe, with additional colour updates by Marshall Rogers when the story was reprinted in the 1980's Shadow of the Batman mini-series (Baxter paper).

For whatever reason, Heritage initially chose to pile all 17 pages on top of one another for a crowded group shot and I feel it doesn't do the lot justice (Splash, Boss Thorne, Silver St. Cloud, Batman in Action, Monster Men, return of Hugo Strange, Batman ID revealed!), so I attached additional pics to better highlight the published splash page, and pages with Batman and other key characters in the story.

Here's the link to the lot at auction:  Jerry Serpe Detective Comics #471 Complete 17-Page Story Production | Lot #47293 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 2

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 3

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 5

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 6

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 8

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 9

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 10

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 12

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 13

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 14

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 16

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 18

Edited by jjonahjameson11

Had my bidding finger primed and ready to go for tonight's auction. This was a great set of color guides from a tremendous issues. Sadly, just got note from HA saying the lot had been withdrawn....

Hi, all

i was notified by Heritage that they were working on scanning and uploading all 17 pages.  However, they are not able to complete the task in a timely manner and removed the lot from the auction.

as soon as they confirm the rescheduled date for this lot, I will let you know on this thread.

Posted (edited)

Hi, all;

Because complete color guides from this era do not turn up too often, below please find the HA sales for the only other complete and (near) complete Rogers/Engelhart Detective interiors

image.thumb.png.1fa496469cba2dc9dbc4e4df2d5277f3.png

image.png

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 6/7/2024 at 10:30 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Hi, all:

Heritage has finally taken pics of every page and the lot is now for sale in their current weekly auction, ending Wed, June 12th.

Here's a direct link to the auction: Jerry Serpe Detective Comics #471 Complete 17-Page Story Production | Lot #47293 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Good luck to all bidders (thumbsu

:bump:

Just a quick reminder this auction ends tonight.

Thanks for looking!