• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS GA Dell - Barks Little Lulu Popular NOW 10% OFF CLOSED
1 1

128 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2024 at 10:24 AM, ft88 said:

Popular Comics 113 1945 WWII War Bond cover VF- $90

image847.thumb.jpg.936f8f6986eee589d10618c8d0cd2519.jpgimage848.thumb.jpg.5cef1fd20d3304f97c3cca93c7dcd57b.jpg

I'm curious to know if the character 2nd from the left a) has a name, b) was a regular character in this run, c) was of a particular race/nationality in the book...in short - this cover confuses me...

On 3/20/2024 at 5:15 PM, TheComicsPreacher said:

I'm curious to know if the character 2nd from the left a) has a name, b) was a regular character in this run, c) was of a particular race/nationality in the book...in short - this cover confuses me...

That's Connie who is a recurring character in Terry & the Pirates by Milton Canniff. Real name: George Webster Confucius. He was hired as a guide early on by Terry and Pat and followed on their adventures thereafter. Yes, Connie is a Chinese character.

You can see him on the cover to the first volume of the strips reprints -

byyjgf28H%2BD91XMDWV0xSySEyH1xFocP5m72QQ

On 3/20/2024 at 2:40 PM, Scrooge said:

That's Connie who is a recurring character in Terry & the Pirates by Milton Canniff. Real name: George Webster Confucius. He was hired as a guide early on by Terry and Pat and followed on their adventures thereafter. Yes, Connie is a Chinese character.

You can see him on the cover to the first volume of the strips reprints -

byyjgf28H%2BD91XMDWV0xSySEyH1xFocP5m72QQ

copy!