• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED — Bound Volume, Hero for Hire #1-16
1 1

30 posts in this topic

Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

Opening bid is $250. BIN is $2,500 (I have purposely set what in my opinion is a high end of reasonable BIN so that we can have a fun auction. For reference, cgc 9.4’s and 9.6’s of #1 went on HA in the last couple years in $4500 range. While these books are high-grade, they are also bound and trimmed, so I’m pricing the #1-16 trimmed, bound set at a little over half of a comparable, untouched high-grade #1.)

I will post that auction is open once all pix are up. Auction closes at 11 pm EST a week from tonight, on Saturday, March 30. (A 10:59 pm bid can win, an 11 pm bid is late.)

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping is included with BIN. Medium Priority Box Shipping for the auction is $18.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

Hero for Hire #1-16 in a custom bound volume of high-grade but trimmed copies with excellent gloss and off-white pages. For some reason, they were bound slightly out of order — #5 is first, then #1-4, 6-16. Go figure.

If you need more/different pix, lemme know.

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

:news: And we’re off to the races! RDP broke the ice with the opening bid, but David King now says $300!

We’re here all week, folks….but come Saturday at 11 pm Eastern, only one boardie walks away with the prize…

:news: It’s official! We got us a barroom brawl! Comics-N-Erb comes out swinging with $400 and DavidKing takes us right to $450 in response, as RDP, who fired the first salvo, mulls his strategy. Bottles are flyin’, guns are blazin, women are screaming, some crazy dude is playing the piano through the whole thing! It’s mayhem! :ohnoez: :yeehaw:

On 3/23/2024 at 8:25 PM, Readcomix said:

Hero for Hire #1-16 in a custom bound volume of high-grade but trimmed copies with excellent gloss and off-white pages. For some reason, they were bound slightly out of order — #5 is first, then #1-4, 6-16. Go figure.

If you need more/different pix, lemme know.

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

Not that there is anything wrong with issue 5 but I wonder if it was a move to keep the issue one away from the outside against the book cover and to try to help preserve it a little better than the 5 :foryou:

On 3/27/2024 at 2:15 AM, davidking623 said:

Not that there is anything wrong with issue 5 but I wonder if it was a move to keep the issue one away from the outside against the book cover and to try to help preserve it a little better than the 5 :foryou:

That possibility crossed my mind too. Whether intentional or accidental, it worked. Not that the #5 is in bad shape either. That’s the irony of the binding — the copies are beautiful, if not for the trimming that occurs in the binding process.

That possibility crossed my mind too. Whether intentional or accidental, it worked. Not that the #5 is in bad shape either. That’s the irony of the binding — the copies are beautiful, if not for the trimming that occurs in the binding process.