• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is reasonable for common DC bronze?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Im looking to complete a whole jla vol 1 run, i recently found a really really nice lot which is covering the whole bronze age era, the disscusion is very advanced with the seller and i will probably buy them in the nexts days, however its a totally new things for me, until now i was only collecting modern so im wondering myself "how much is the good ammount to spend on a random book from the bronze age in fine condition?" I have the feelings that we overalluate a bit these books because they re a bit older than the moderns but i think they re still really easy to get comparated to the silver stuffs... how much is the usual price you agree to spend on bronze books? 

Thanks.

Tough question. Are there any keys in the run? I would value those appropriately but as for the rest, I would try to gauge what individual issues sell for. If a random filler book in mid grade seems to sell once in a while on ebay for $4-8, I would be shooting for the lower end of this price considering I am making an offer to buy it all. Generally if you get a lot or a run of 100+ books (and the condition is VF or better on most), getting something like that in the $3-4 range per issue is good. 

And I am applying that logic to a title that is not heavily desired. Obviously if someone is talking about a run of Batman or Spider-Man, that per issue price even in a lot is likely to be double or triple or more

Edited by comicginger1789

Bronze is really starting to heat up-- although we're seeing an adjustment from Pandemic inflation-- but I would get a price guide and do some research.  I agree in mid grade (4.0-6.0) there are plentiful supplies out there but I wouldn't wait too long.

On 4/9/2024 at 3:49 AM, AndyFish said:

Bronze is really starting to heat up-- although we're seeing an adjustment from Pandemic inflation-- but I would get a price guide and do some research.  I agree in mid grade (4.0-6.0) there are plentiful supplies out there but I wouldn't wait too long.

Your message conforts me to go with the first guy i disscussed with, thats a really nice lot which is covering almost the whole bronze age of the serie, this is not some high grade stuff but anyway hich grade its not what im looking for, and the price is really good i think.

On 4/9/2024 at 3:49 AM, AndyFish said:

Im interested to know more about what you said it starting to heat up? I not really following the spec market or something so i not hearded about like the Bronze increasment...