• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just a few SA/BA books for sale (ALL MARVEL thread, raw and CGC)
3 3

152 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man #8 former CGC 8.0 old label: $1,850

It was graded in 2000 and looks better than its assigned grade, I would grade it as a VF+ and it could probably get higher if pressed. CGC was very strict on those early years (not the case anymore unfortunately...). I own this copy for over two decades and did crack it almost immediately after purchasing but kept the label. Among the defects in the notes, there is a name/store stamp on back cover and overlap of front cover which today are not considered as defects anymore. There is a crease on lower right corner and on bottom left side that do not break colors and would probably be easily pressed if you are into that. I did "upgrade" this copy by another CGC 8.0 that also looks under-graded but with better centering and full CCA stamp (which is very important for me) but this copy here has better colors and gloss. GPA prices in 2023 for a 8.0 did vary from $1,226 to $2,400 with the better looking copies selling for the higher prices. I paid a high price for my new copy and it was not easy to decide which one to keep and which one to resell.

asm 8 v1.jpg

asm 8 v1 bc.jpg

asm 8 label.jpg

Tales to Astonish #49 former PGX NM- 9.2 with off-white pages: $1,200

1st app. Giant-Man. Great centering on this copy with a full Giant-Man's right foot and I think it's about right at NM- 9.2 but I think that this book has been pressed.

I did crack the book out of its slab and it is now raw and sitting in a Mylar but I kept the label and it will be included with the book. However, I cannot show it here in order to comply with Board rules.

Also, the book was sold to me by a very reputable seller as originating from the Cleveland collection with a certificate although I have no proof of that and the issue number is not written in the certificate but it will also be included with the book for what it worth but I trust the seller that this is accurate.

img050.jpg

img051.jpg

img052.jpg