• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im new to collecting is this normal?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

these are two slabs i got this week on ebay but for the amazing spider man  32 there seems to be smudging or mold on the inside i believe, but when i look at the cgc verification photos it doesn't appear to have those same markings.

and for the other one the label is off i dont think its fake but could it be a pressing error?

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

On 5/4/2024 at 4:51 PM, Juicethekidx said:

these are two slabs i got this week on ebay but for the amazing spider man  32 there seems to be smudging or mold on the inside i believe, but when i look at the cgc verification photos it doesn't appear to have those same markings.

and for the other one the label is off i dont think its fake but could it be a pressing error?

While not excusing them, it looks like a bit of residue on the intterior which is not uncommon of late. Folks have noticed spots and whatever residue on the inside. Some suspect it’s whatever they’re using to try to prevent newton rings but of course it leaves an annoying residue. And as for the label, it’s annoying but there’s a whole thread of QC issues such as that (and some worse) with labels and cases being put together haphazardly.

Could probably submit for reholder but they would likely charge you if past the allotted time to resubmit or you’re not the original submitter.

On 5/4/2024 at 5:10 PM, flchris said:

While not excusing them, it looks like a bit of residue on the intterior which is not uncommon of late. Folks have noticed spots and whatever residue on the inside. Some suspect it’s whatever they’re using to try to prevent newton rings but of course it leaves an annoying residue. And as for the label, it’s annoying but there’s a whole thread of QC issues such as that (and some worse) with labels and cases being put together haphazardly.

Could probably submit for reholder but they would likely charge you if past the allotted time to resubmit or you’re not the original submitter.

hi thank you for the reply i truly appreciate it i wasn't sure if i just got unlucky or not but if its something that happens quite often then im fine with these are my first two slabs so i was worried but thank you again