• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a Newstand Edition on Ebay (Marvel vs DC #3)?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I got this listing on Ebay which says Newstand Edition on the title.

But on the CGC Cover it does't says Newstand Edition but on the Barcode you can see it doesn't says "Direct Edition" and also has only two numbers on the upper tight of the barcode which should
indicate that this is a Newstand Edition.

Is this an error by CGC or can anybody explain me what kind of Issue this is here?

The link to the listing is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266768898951?ViewItem=&item=266768898951&fp=m&_trksid=p5410.m43574.l44459

I also attached a picture of the cover

Best regards

I3.jpg

Edited by ComicCollector87

Posted (edited)

CGC didn't start recognizing newsstand editions with a separate notation until fairly recently (Sept. 26, 2022), so it's often not noted on the slab anywhere and also not differentiated in the census and/or registry for a lot of books. This is a newsstand based on both the barcode in the price box, and the "Curtis Code" next to the price (the little "cc" followed by the numbers 03463). The Curtis Circulation Company was the newsstand distributor for Marvel comics.

Edited by Jesse-Lee