• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ChiSoxFan's Monster Sale! Recap Page 1! ASM #5 CGC 6.0, ASM #43 CGC 8.5, ASM #35 CGC 8.5, TTA #70 CGC 9.0, 1st Firelord, Fight Comics #44, and more! Tales of Suspense listings tonight!
6 6

819 posts in this topic

Creatures on the Loose #30 -- 1st Man-Wolf in title -- NM- -- 9.2 -- $85

Pick this up with the ASM #124 and have the perfect beginning to your Man-Wolf collection! :banana:  And if you pick up both this and the ASM #124, I'll take $20 off the total (void if either book is picked up separately).

Document_2024-05-10_121221.jpg

Document_2024-05-10_121312.jpg

Posted (edited)

Detective Comics #429 -- CGC 9.2 -- White pages -- $95 -- SOLD to mytastebud @ 15% off

Spoiler

detfront.jpg

Spoiler

tecback.jpg

Spoiler

tectop.jpg

Spoiler

tecbottom.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold

Posted (edited)

Amazing Spider-Man #30 -- VF -- 8.0 -- $215 -- SOLD to JmC for $160 in FLASH SALE

Color-breaking crease upper right front cover

Spoiler

032.jpg

Spoiler

033.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold

Posted (edited)

Tales to Astonish #49 -- Ant-Man becomes Giant-Man -- VG -- 4.0 -- $115

Tears at top staples, cover barely hanging on there, but it's still attached.

Document_2024-05-10_122514.jpg

Document_2024-05-10_122608.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan

Posted (edited)

Rangers Comics #29 -- CGC 9.0 -- Cream to Off-White Pages -- $1850 -- BOOK NO LONGER FOR SALE

Only 3 copies graded higher on the census, and it's tied with 4 other 9.0's.  Only 49 graded copies total. I hesitated to list this book before, since I really don't want to part with it, and nothing about that reluctance has changed, but I'm adding it into this thread anyway, 

The scans are not mine (my scanner doesn't fit scans), but they're from jbpez's original thread (used with his permission) from when I originally picked it up. 

Spoiler

Rangers29front.jpg

Spoiler

rangers29back.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
book no longer for sale

Posted (edited)

That's likely all that I'm listing tonight, but there's PLENTY more to come tomorrow.  There's a few more Spidey keys, the 1st U.S. appearance of Captain Britain, 1st appearances of Catman, Calendar Man, and the modern Deadshot, and maybe even a wild card or two (some more G.A. potentially) on the way.  I might drop another slab or two into the mix, depending on my mood.  I'm not feeling well this weekend, so what I do in addition will largely be in relation to what ends up selling and doesn't.

As always, I'm easy to work with if anyone is looking at a time payment or making an offer, so don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks to those with the early purchases so far, and thanks for looking! :foryou:

ETA to add:  At least one of the books pictured will be available tomorrow to start, sometime around lunchtime.  Maybe it'll be all four!  Check in tomorrow to find out!

fourGA.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Added info

Posted (edited)

Going to start back up in an hour or so, but as promised ...

Planet Comics #44 -- F+ -- 6.5 -- $625 -- BOOK NO LONGER FOR SALE

My GA "expertise" is nowhere near what I'd like it to be, but I do know what I like -- and this book is one of them.  Purchased from crassus a long time back as a 6.5, and I agreed with the grade (he had it as a borderline 7.0, which I almost called it that here).

Notable defects are moderate wear along the edge/spine (additional pictures of the spine taken with my phone provided here), a blemish on the lady's arm (visible in scan), and a small chip out of the back left cover at the corner, and some slight chips off the front cover at the top on the right.  A really beautiful book, and if it goes back in the boxes, I'm perfectly okay with that.  I'd rather keep it, but I have a wife to keep happy. lol :tonofbricks: I might be going to Charlotte in June to bring some books for on-site grading -- this is a strong candidate for doing so.  For comparison, the copies on eBay now are ... non-existent, or MCS has a G/2.0 on consignment with a 2" spine split for $250, so I feel relatively comfortable with this price.

If this sells, then one of the other 3 GA books in the post above will 100% be listed (they might be anyway, but that's not been determined yet).

Spoiler

001.jpg

Spoiler

002.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_144449 (1).jpg

Spoiler

20230820_144458.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book no longer for sale

Posted (edited)

Detective Comics #311 -- 1st appearance of Cat-Man -- VF -- 8.0 -- $350 -- SOLD to lizards2

Spoiler

Document_2024-05-10_124421.jpg

Spoiler

Document_2024-05-10_124553.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold