• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you get fun with bidding on Heritage Auctions?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Never tried yet, do you like it? 

The thrill of being outbid... :canofworms:

Did you already been through a fight to the death against someone in an auction, bids after bids without end, and even overpaid just to get the satisfaction of the win? I think it could be the bad repercussion  for some guys who have the winner mentality...

I’ve won five or six live auctions by now. Fortunately, I have yet to engage in a bidding war.

They’re not my favorite auction house, considering the heavy 20% Buyers Premium. But they often get the best offerings.

For one particular high-ticket win, I took advantage of their installment plan, and I was able to pay off my book in six months.

Some points of advice:

1) Don’t place a bid during the online auction period (the two-four week period prior to the live sale). Because you’d be announcing your bid early on, and you wouldn’t want to help jack up the bid early. Better to leave a high Proxy Bid, which only initiates during the live auction.  

2) Be disciplined. If you decide to participate in the live auction, you should go in with a strong idea of your max bid - with the 20% juice added on. Heritage also charges tax and an extra fee for credit card payment.  

3) Be careful with your bidding. You just might win!