• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Cover Art Super Spider-Man #232 Lieber Giacoia June 20-23

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

SOLD  and thanks for your interest!  $4700, $5640 with the juice. 

Get in a leisurely proxy bid.  Currently at $1150.  You only get about thirty seconds to decide during the live auction.  Also, the Andy Lee Spider-Man pin-up is sold.  Thanks everyone for your consideration, David

I'm happy that this piece is immortalized in a published catalog (see pic).  Drawn by Stan Lee's brother Larry Lieber, and finished by comic art giant Frankie Giacoia (see pic).

Giacoia has several thousand cover art credits.  Best, David

I'm excited to confirm the consignment of my 1977 Lieber/Giacoia Super Spider-Man cover art to the Heritage June 20-23 Signature Auction!   Please check out the preview and follow the auction.  Full figure web-shooting Spidey!  Conversation welcome in this thread or directly through a private message. 

An Andy Lee Spider-Man sketch and a Tom Grindberg page were listed on ebay (seller bakeralbright).

Link added for ebay auction Spider-Man/Green Goblin and Tom Grindberg lots 

I started a couple cool pieces on ebay see pics below.  Sincerely, David S. Albright

LINK TO HA AUCTION For Super Spider-Man Original Cover Art

superspidermancover.jpg

goblin.jpg

grindberg.jpg

Edited by aokartman
text added, ebay pics and link added, finalize

I added a couple pics of ebay listings i just created and want to remind any interested collectors that the Spider-Man cover ends live on Sunday, June 23rd, 2024.  Currently at $450, get in a bid!  Follow the links on the initial message.  Happy hunting, David

pianolot.jpg