• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is original art?

57 posts in this topic

Cool!!!! How do you keep them / display them? I want to acquire a ASM cover too.. just not sure I can afford ten or hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars!!

Are you one of KrazyKat's multiple personalities or just a complete tool? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey KK, I love these conversations you have with yourself. insane.gif

Now what has Racoon said that warrants you calling him 'a tool' ? You comic guys are a pretty inhospitable bunch. Between Oldguys link and your rantings. You guys are coming off pretty thin-skinned and desperate.

Racoon,...dont mind these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. Just another reason why you should abandon comics and start collecting OA. They are clearly scared of something,..and me-thinks its that OA's star is rising while comics have this Ewert fiasco.

Ive been collecting since the 70's but swung into high gear in the 80's. My first piece was at a 77' con of Steranko art. I got the bulk of my collection,..my X-Men # 1 etc... in the 80's. My interests presently are Amazing Spiderman Covers by Ditko/ or Romita.

KK

Link

"Im just an eighteen year old kid and I have made your life Hellish. Kinda funny,..no ? Nontheless,...you cannot deny,..Ive made alotta progress with my OA pimpin' in this last year ?

KK"

And your point is ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ive been collecting since the 70's but swung into high gear in the 80's. My first piece was at a 77' con of Steranko art. I got the bulk of my collection,..my X-Men # 1 etc... in the 80's. My interests presently are Amazing Spiderman Covers by Ditko/ or Romita.

KK

Link

"Im just an eighteen year old kid and I have made your life Hellish. Kinda funny,..no ? Nontheless,...you cannot deny,..Ive made alotta progress with my OA pimpin' in this last year ?

KK"

And your point is ? confused-smiley-013.gif

That you are a liar ? Not to mention a racist,... confused-smiley-013.gif

Cool!!!! How do you keep them / display them? I want to acquire a ASM cover too.. just not sure I can afford ten or hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars!!

Are you one of KrazyKat's multiple personalities or just a complete tool? confused-smiley-013.gif

Now what has Racoon said that warrants you calling him 'a tool' ? You comic guys are a pretty inhospitable bunch. Between Oldguys link and your rantings. You guys are coming off pretty thin-skinned and desperate.

Racoon,...dont mind these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. Just another reason why you should abandon comics and start collecting OA. They are clearly scared of something,..and me-thinks its that OA's star is rising while comics have this Ewert fiasco.

I would say that OA's star has risen. 10 to 15 years ago it was still accessibly inexpensive, now it is the province of the independently wealthy, with vast amounts of disposable cash.

You yourself stated in one of your previous posts that the bulk of your collection was purchased in the 80s....correct me if I'm wrong. OA, like high grade Silver Age and Atom Age was very cheap and less highly prized then as compared to now.

The Silver Age OA ship has, for the blue-chip artists, sailed. The rest is hype....

I would say that OA's star has risen. 10 to 15 years ago it was still accessibly inexpensive, now it is the province of the independently wealthy, with vast amounts of disposable cash.

You yourself stated in one of your previous posts that the bulk of your collection was purchased in the 80s....correct me if I'm wrong. OA, like high grade Silver Age and Atom Age was very cheap and less highly prized then as compared to now.

The Silver Age OA ship has, for the blue-chip artists, sailed. The rest is hype....

Price and value are independent attributes in the market. Yes, OA was less expensive in the past than it is now. And yes, the ship has sailed,..but it is a long, long journey,...and there can and will be many passengers on the best vehicles within the hobby. Alot of stuff is junk,..I conceed that. But there is much, much material that is not THE BEST that is still, imho, dirt cheap. HYPE ?,..Im really not sure what you are talking about,..people make decisions in a market based on a variety of factors,...including HYPE,..I like to think people are smart enough and have enough aesthetic sense to not buy junk. What do you want me to do,..hold people's hands when they make a purchase ?

KK

Price and value are independent attributes in the market. Yes, OA was less expensive in the past than it is now. And yes, the ship has sailed,..but it is a long, long journey,...and there can and will be many passengers on the best vehicles within the hobby. Alot of stuff is junk,..I conceed that. But there is much, much material that is not THE BEST that is still, imho, dirt cheap. HYPE ?,..Im really not sure what you are talking about,..people make decisions in a market based on a variety of factors,...including HYPE,..I like to think people are smart enough and have enough aesthetic sense to not buy junk. What do you want me to do,..hold people's hands when they make a purchase ?

KK

Well, you have to admit you do attempt to influence that purchase... tongue.gif

KK

Well, you have to admit you do attempt to influence that purchase... tongue.gif

I admit nothing ! I conceed nothing !

saddam_trial.jpg

Raccoon,

Just come over to the OA forum. Firstly its a better hobby. Secondly, the posters here are a bunch of sheep. Ill vouch for you as a stand-up guy there and you wont get the type of abuse you have gotten over here.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=origart

All the best,

KK

Raccoon,

Just come over to the OA forum. Firstly its a better hobby. Secondly, the posters here are a bunch of sheep. Ill vouch for you as a stand-up guy there and you wont get the type of abuse you have gotten over here.

KK

Next time try a PM. You know how those work, right? makepoint.gif

Raccoon,

KK

Next time try a PM. You know how those work, right? makepoint.gif

Of course! I bet he PM's himself all the time. grin.gif

Raccoon,

I have some connections to some nice LARGE ART ASM (#1 - #61) Romita art if you are interested. Granted they are quite expensive (over100K) but I could most assuredly 'hook u up'. And any other board member interested too.

KK

Raccoon,

I have some connections to some nice LARGE ART ASM (#1 - #61) Romita art if you are interested. Granted they are quite expensive (over100K) but I could most assuredly 'hook u up'. And any other board member interested too.

Hmm, your alter-ego Raccoon suggests that he is interested in Copper Age ASM covers (#281 in particular) and that he doesn't know if he can afford to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on OA (re: you trying to convince everyone yet again how valuable OA is), and you respond by offering him a bunch of $100K+ pieces (same motivation again). Yeah, that's logical. Try to get your pump & dump stories straight when you're having conversations with yourself. makepoint.gif

1034420-logicmoron.jpg

1034420-logicmoron.jpg.051333d4ddb8bca328f0f6aed054eaa5.jpg

Raccoon,

Hmm, your alter-ego Raccoon suggests that he is interested in Copper Age ASM covers (#281 in particular) and that he doesn't know if he can afford to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on OA (re: you trying to convince everyone yet again how valuable OA is), and you respond by offering him a bunch of $100K+ pieces (same motivation again). Yeah, that's logical. Try to get your pump & dump stories straight when you're having conversations with yourself. makepoint.gif

1034420-logicmoron.jpg

You are so convinced that you are correct you cant think past your own arse. You are a poor excuse for a Vulcan. ZERO LOGIC SKILLS.

Hmm, your alter-ego Raccoon suggests that he is interested in Copper Age ASM covers (#281 in particular) and that he doesn't know if he can afford to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on OA (re: you trying to convince everyone yet again how valuable OA is), and you respond by offering him a bunch of $100K+ pieces (same motivation again).

It makes as much sense as him saying he's currently 18 years old and started collecting original art in the 1970's. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif