• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell me what you see wrong? (Grade included)
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I sent a few comics off to CGC and one came back that shocked me, tell me what you think. CGC graded it a 7! My cert # is 4431249002 for issue 240 Fantastic Four or the link to it is:

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4431249002/ 

Notes state light staining but I am just not seeing, nor said crease. Someone find it for me and tell me where the issues are. Thank you. 

Top left corner of the front cover; top right corner of the back cover.

Screenshot_20240524_191950_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240524_192010_Chrome.jpg

On 5/24/2024 at 5:30 PM, KayPea said:

I sent a few comics off to CGC and one came back that shocked me, tell me what you think. CGC graded it a 7! My cert # is 4431249002 for issue 240 Fantastic Four or the link to it is:

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4431249002/ 

Notes state light staining but I am just not seeing, nor said crease. Someone find it for me and tell me where the issues are. Thank you. 

The staining could refer to gloss irregularities that might only be seen in a glancing light and may be tough to see through the plastic case.  I submitted a couple of Thor Silver Age books that I knew had significant, irregular areas of gloss loss and the notes just indicated "staining".

Consider looking at it from different angles and under different amounts/types of light.  Many defects can’t be seen straight on under normal lighting 

Thanks guys! I now see the small stain in that corner. I tried a few different lighting options after the suggestions here and can see it easily in more of a natural light. Appreciate the help! 

On 5/25/2024 at 6:55 PM, Tom789 said:

The staining could refer to gloss irregularities that might only be seen in a glancing light and may be tough to see through the plastic case.  I submitted a couple of Thor Silver Age books that I knew had significant, irregular areas of gloss loss and the notes just indicated "staining".

Thats interesting, thank you for responding. 

On 5/25/2024 at 7:02 PM, revat said:

Consider looking at it from different angles and under different amounts/types of light.  Many defects can’t be seen straight on under normal lighting 

Took your advice and found them in a different lighting, thank you. 

On 5/24/2024 at 9:21 PM, grendelbo said:

Top left corner of the front cover; top right corner of the back cover.

Screenshot_20240524_191950_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240524_192010_Chrome.jpg

You go it. Thanks, I now see them. I am a little disappointed still with a 7 lol