• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you leaving a collection behind to family that doesn't know anything about comics?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

This book was just published a couple days ago... (just trying to get the word out there)

Killer Pocket Guide To Buying, Selling And Collecting Comics Paperback – May 6, 2024

The pocket guide was designed to help beginners understand the basics of buying, selling and collecting comics. One of the reasons this book is great is that many people inherit a comic book collection have no idea what to do with them. I encourage people with comic collections to keep a copy with their collection. This book can be very helpful! The book also has tips on
valuing, marketing and shipping comics. There's even a list of helpful resources in the book.  

Killer Guide To Buying, Selling And Collecting Comics

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B0D3WJZC6G

5X8 COVER 003.jpg

I've sold off the vast majority of my comic collection exactly so that my family won't be put in that position if I were to die unexpectedly.  No book would allow them to replicate the decades of experience I've built up in this hobby.

As for my OA collection, the terms of my will says that they are to be sold off through Heritage.  Just pack everything up and ship them to Dallas to be handled by professionals in an auction forum.  No way I would put them through the ordeal of selling them off piecemeal or at risk of being exploited by unscrupulous dealers and collectors.