• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: Prize Comics #7 , CDNP #22 & 24, Lawbreakers Suspense #11, Law Against Crime #1, Manhunt #14, Underworld Crime #7, Startling Terror Tales #12
1 1

15 posts in this topic

UNDERWORLD CRIME #7

CGC 4.5

ow  pages

Grader Notes

crease right top of front cover
tear with crease bottom of front cover
large crease left top of back cover

$5000
UNDERWORLDCRIME7CGC.thumb.jpeg.c9dac3716e3812836fdf558e5e624d12.jpegUNDERWORLDCRIME7CGCBC.thumb.jpeg.fbac1d19aea6179818f6ce9e1f067049.jpeg

STARTLING TERROR TALES  #12

CGC 5.5

ow  pages

Grader Notes

smudging bottom of back cover
light foxing to cover
light readers crease full left of front cover

$2500
STARTLINGTERROR12CGC.thumb.jpeg.4e1101e1a69e5142e7803ea534ac73de.jpegSTARTLINGTERRORCGCBC.thumb.jpeg.9792f6eff135974eb61c1959b1c27f26.jpeg

On 6/5/2024 at 8:25 PM, TooSnappy1 said:

This is my dream "slab remarks" collection. And WTF is the tongue remark? I've never seen that. Are there other severed tongue covers? 🤣

Yeah, if you're collecting severed tongue covers you definitely want to go for the classic ones.  (thumbsu

On 6/5/2024 at 8:25 PM, TooSnappy1 said:

This is my dream "slab remarks" collection. And WTF is the tongue remark? I've never seen that. Are there other severed tongue covers? 🤣

Upon reading this, I had to go back and look at all the books to see what you were talking about; I had not noticed any tongues on any of the books.

When I went back, however, I found the tongues in question.

Is the creepy guy with the severed tongues really the best part of this classic book? (shrug)

BTW - Great selection of books.

On 6/6/2024 at 8:42 AM, Hudson said:

Upon reading this, I had to go back and look at all the books to see what you were talking about; I had not noticed any tongues on any of the books.

When I went back, however, I found the tongues in question.

Is the creepy guy with the severed tongues really the best part of this classic book? (shrug)

BTW - Great selection of books.

Lol.not sure about that one as I've never had the pleasure of reading the book. All I know is I'm really starting to get interested and would like to collect these different slab remark books. They are awesome. This is one of the best collections I've seen in one place. I just wonder if someone has compiled info on the different remarks/books or if CGC had a list somewhere or anything like that. 

Like I previously said I absolutely love your collection you have here. I wish i had the money I'd buy them all.