• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storing in a Bank safety deposit box?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Is there anything wrong with storing 10 or 20 graded high value slabs horizontally in a bank safety deposit box? Assume it's climate controlled. If 20 is too many to stack, what is the most you would stack horizontally? 

Thanks in advance

On 6/8/2024 at 5:38 PM, shadroch said:

I've only gone ten high, and that was when I was rotating them frequently. I didn't see any adverse effect.

Did you put anything between the slabs?  I'm thinking here of something like the little rubber mats you can use to keep your glassware from sliding around in a cabinet, but I don't know if it's even necessary.

There's really no problem with horizontally stacking a reasonable number of CGC slabs. That's why they interlock. Obviously, don't stack 'em to the ceiling or something dumb like that.

On 6/8/2024 at 10:11 PM, Qalyar said:

There's really no problem with horizontally stacking a reasonable number of CGC slabs. That's why they interlock. Obviously, don't stack 'em to the ceiling or something dumb like that.

The SDB is only 10 inches high, they're fine