• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Determining value when there is only 1 graded book
1 1

7 posts in this topic

just treat it like a research project where you collect data.

I personally would start with OTHER comics where raw books are priced similarly in similar grades with the book you have.

And then find prices of those comics in CGC 9.8 where data can be found.  See if you can find any trends related to CGC population.  Keep doing this and entering as many data points as you can until you are satisfied.

On 6/10/2024 at 3:09 PM, topcat54 said:

How would you determin the value of a book if it's the only graded on the census?

The raw book sells for around $200.00 so what would a 9.8 cgc be put on the market for?

Thanks in advance

Maybe you could let us know which book is it, because there s many details to consider... I mean you said that the book is sold for an average price of 200 but you don't say which condition we got for 200$ so I guess it's for an high condition book, so it's probably a modern book, now is it a popular book who have plenty of graded copies or a weird indy book... ?? And we could still ask many more questions... thats Interesting, but I think to go further we need to know which book it is. 

Except if you need to keep the secret lol

On 6/10/2024 at 3:00 PM, media_junkie said:

I'm rather stunned that if the raw sells for $200 there is only graded.  Seems to me that would be one that should have more slabs.

My first thought as well. Since we’re not being given more info about the book my guess is it’s some hot variant cover of a book that just came out a few weeks ago and someone fast tracked a copy that was graded a 9.8, and more will come but right now the market is primarily raw.

But if I’m wrong and you’re going to tell me this book is more than a few years old and went thru the covid boom when any book worth even $50 in a 9.8 was being sent by everyone and their grandma to CGC is sitting in the census with only 1 copy when a raw sells for $200 currently, well, I am genuinely curious what unicorn OP is holding.