• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

glued pages
1 1

6 posts in this topic

i have an old spidy comic, last page and back cover are stuck with some sort of glue....... safest way to remove??? its he first app of kraven the hunter

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

Edited by greenbastord

Safest way is to pay a professional 

The book probably had a detached cover and they glued it back on, Your ASM 15 is in the $200.00 - $300.00 range, how much is professional restoration removal? The question then becomes, if you or a professional removed the glue, what would be left, a detached/split cover? Would removing the glue create any more damage to the cover or pages? What type of glue was used?

I did this on a couple of my lower grade books (PR 0.5 - GD 2.0) that had detached/split covers back in 2015 when I graded/cataloged/photographed the entire collection, the glued on cover will not affect the grade on these "Well Loved" books and I do not plan on selling, so for me, it was/is fine.

https://www.beaconadhesives.com/product/zip-dry/

As it is right now, if you sent that book to CGC for grading you would get a Purple Restored Label (PLOD).

IMO, place the book in a Mylite with an Acid Free Board and enjoy the book as it is.

On 6/11/2024 at 3:20 PM, greenbastord said:

staples are intact. dont think it was a restoration attempt but i dont know

More pictures of the book could be helpful...