• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED — Readcomix’ Rest Home and Speakeasy for Degenerate Bourbon-Swillers and Threadkrappers
3 3

177 posts in this topic

Yknow, if ya pay attention around here over the years, you know the sort of knowledgeable, discerning collector @JustJimN is….you’ve admired his taste and insights….then you see him take a couple sealed Whitman three-packs in your thread and it dawns on you…this is exactly the kind of collector who would know which ones had Uncle Scrooge #179 for the middle book! :ohnoez:

On 6/12/2024 at 10:47 PM, Patriot6 said:

You mean you're not selling every issue of Archie I'm needing to complete my run at severely discounted prices, in other words FREE?

What kind of sales thread is this anyway?  

JF! I thought we lost you on a moose-hunting expedition in the Yukon or something! Good to see you!

But since you were MIA I did trade all those Archies for a stack of funny animals photo cover books….

Posted (edited)

:news: FLASH SOLD at $30! Four Color #367 in VG with pencil in logo. Stone-cold Barks classic “A Christmas for Shacktown.”  If you don’t get why people loved Barks so much after reading this, you’re never gonna get Barks. $40

IMG_1974.jpeg

IMG_1975.jpeg

IMG_1976.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

On 6/12/2024 at 12:03 AM, Readcomix said:

Secret Romances #1 tough 1951 Canadian book with Baker and Kamen art. Cover detached, VG- $100

(Yeah, it’s kinda cool that Bill Wright signed the cover, but it’s not that Billy Wright)

IMG_1962.jpeg

IMG_1963.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

FLASH SALE! $75!

On 6/11/2024 at 11:57 PM, Readcomix said:

Fightin’ Marines #5 (St. John 1952) VG with slight rust at staples. 3rd Canteen Kate. Prime Matt Baker, including one of the rare signed signed Baker covers. $150

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg

FLASH SALE! $100!