• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
1 1

67 posts in this topic

Great thread, and thank you. Question of curiosity: when you say, “I bought this as a Deslabbed 9.4 white,” what exactly do you mean?  

Are you saying that that’s what the seller claimed that it was?  Are you saying that the seller had taken it out of the slab and sold them to you with the CGC label?

thx

PS: I love these books.

Edited by flying_bison

On 6/15/2024 at 6:08 PM, flying_bison said:

Great thread, and thank you. Question of curiosity: when you say, “I bought this as a Deslabbed 9.4 white,” what exactly do you mean?  

Are you saying that that’s what the seller claimed that it was?  Are you saying that the seller had taken it out of the slab and sold them to you with the CGC label?

thx

That is correct. I have the original labels and will include them for the WWBN books.

On 6/15/2024 at 3:08 PM, flying_bison said:

thx

PS: I love these books.

Having deslabbed about 500 books myself, I can tell you there is no such thing as CGC grading consistency.

The only way you know a grade of a CGC book is to deslab it and grade it yourself. 

On 6/15/2024 at 8:57 PM, rdp collectibles said:

not to get too personal, but were you willing to pay anything close to 9.8 money for a a raw 9.8 comic out of its slab home???

No. They were all purchased in a lot as a whole. Pricing was not based on GPA or even realistic raw value to be honest. Even so, throwing the cost of the books and the cost of reslabbing together was not good for me. Honestly, I would have been 100% happy had the WWBN 19 come back as a 9.8, and all the other books graded as they did. I REALLY wanted to get that one in 9.8.

I've been to three World Fairs and two goat f'ins, and I ain't never seen anything like this.