• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One at a time - next up is Journey Into Mystery 108 (Thor/Loki battle cover)

6 posts in this topic

I decided to close out my last thread as it started to get cluttered with spoilers and Bluey gifs.  To keep things more orderly, I'll be listing books from there one at a time.  If they don't sell...well, maybe I'll huck 'em at cars instead...

comb.io - Lemon of Troy

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check / money order / Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance (which is pretty much immediate with Zelle).  Payment due within 5 business days.  

Shipping (domestic):  Domestic shipping is included in the book price and will be by insured USPS ground advantage unless noted otherwise.  

Shipping (international) - exact cost, minus the US shipping cost (generally I use USPS flat rate envelopes).  Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  I will take returns on raw books if I failed to disclose a significant flaw or we end up wildly disagreeing on the grade.  Please contact me within 7 days of receipt should a situation like this arise.

On the HoS?  Probation list?  Or we have some other beef (on my ignore list, bad con interaction, etc.)?  Don't bother.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:posted in the thread wins a book outright (so don't PM it to me, a thread take it wins out regardless of time stamp).  Offers always welcome.

Edited by mattn792

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Kick off with Batman 244, a great R'as cover from Neal Adams.  This is a rare instance where I upgraded on a book, so the undercopy is available here.

Solid 6.0 copy.  Front cover has two significant NCBs (one along the top and one along the spine), a couple color breakers along the far edge, and approximately 15 very small spine tics (many barely noticeable except under the light).  Back cover shows the same spine NCB, a smaller one along the top edge, and some minor handling rub on the far edge.  I'd call the pages ow-w.

$100 shipped

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

IMG_4437.jpeg

SOLD

Edited by mattn792

On 6/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, mattn792 said:

Kick off with Batman 244, a great R'as cover from Neal Adams.  This is a rare instance where I upgraded on a book, so the undercopy is available here.

Solid 6.0 copy.  Front cover has two significant NCBs (one along the top and one along the spine), a couple color breakers along the far edge, and approximately 15 very small spine tics (many barely noticeable except under the light).  Back cover shows the same spine NCB, a smaller one along the top edge, and some minor handling rub on the far edge.  I'd call the pages ow-w.

$100 shipped

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

IMG_4437.jpeg

I’ll take it!

Journey Into Mystery 108.  Thor and Loki are at it again.  As is, I say this one is a 5.5.  Get someone to press out the spine roll and a plethora of non-color breaking creases though, and you may have more like a 7.0.

$85 shipped

IMG_4316.jpeg

IMG_4317.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg