• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED! Batman and Batman-related books! All Books now 10%-35% OFF! Tec #400 CGC 7.5, B&B #54, and more! Come say hello! RECAP Page 5!
1 1

86 posts in this topic

Welcome to another thread where I look for good homes for great books!  In this thread, it's going to be a smaller amount of books posted than in my normal threads -- all Batman titles and books related to the Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder, .  The "keys" (or books I'd consider noteworthy for whatever reason I might come up with) will start the thread off, followed by the others in alphabetical order.  Depending how things go, I reserve the right to occasionally throw something unexpected into the mix, or pull a book from the sale if I have regrets, lol. lol

I have a long history of buying and selling on the boards with nothing but good transactions, so buy with confidence!

What's for sale:  It's Batman and Batman-related titles!  Some high-grade, others lower.  There will be books that I haven't listed before, and others that are from previous sales threads.

About me: I have had a very large number of transactions that have gone very smoothly with many long-standing members here, including many, many sales threads -- you can see my kudos HERE.   I've done deals with so many people here, I've almost lost count!  If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to send a PM and I'll do my best to answer them for you. 

I'll be happy to answer any PM's, but the :takeit:in the thread is king if we haven't come to a definitive agreement.  If for some reason someone takes it in a PM while someone is taking it in the thread, the time stamp as best as I can figure out will determine who gets the book.  Books must be specifically claimed in the thread or via PM. No HOS or Probation List members, please. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I may have on ignore (not that it's many people, but if I do have you on ignore, it was for a reason. hm).

Shipping: Shipping for orders under $500 will be by U.S.P.S., packed securely in boxes, via Priority Mail and at cost.  Signature confirmation may be used for orders over $250 at my discretion and on my dime. USPS Priority Flat Rate will be used when it's cheaper and best suited for the order.  For orders over $500, I may use the option to ship via FedEx with a signature confirmation required or USPS with signature confirmation required, whichever I think is best and gives you the best shipping cost option vs. safety for the books.  For very inexpensive orders, I might use USPS Ground if it makes a major difference in shipping costs.  Sorry, no Media Mail.  Sorry, only U.S and Canadian orders at this time.  No trades.  Upon payment, I should be able to ship to you within 72 hours of payment (often sooner, depending on how many buyers these threads end up with).  I always charge exact shipping or LESS (and eat some of the shipping cost on my end) to keep costs down for you, so rest assured, I'll do what's best to make sure you end up with everything safely and as least expensive as possible.  My packing, as reflected in my kudos, will overcome anything a carrier can throw at it..

Payment: PayPal G&S only preferred on this thread, no personal. If wanting to pay by check or money order, I'll do so only if I've done business with you before, but please contact me by PM first.  Payment is expected within 5 days of an invoice unless you check with me before buying.  For purchases over $250, you need to be someone with an established track record here, someone I've dealt with before, or have references or kudos from another boardie. Time payments are available on purchases over $1000, but please contact me first before claiming.

Returns: Returns on raws are accepted for any reason so long as you let me know within 5 days of receiving your order. Return on CGC graded books are also accepted, but in those cases the Buyer will pay return shipping in every instance, where on raws, the Buyer pays return shipping unless I've made a clear mistake, in which case I promise I'll make it right.  I feel my grading is solid, but I'm as human as anyone else and have made a mistake or two here and there, but I've always made it right. In the end, the main thing is that I want anyone purchasing here to be happy when they're done and feel they can buy with confidence.  Hopefully, my lengthy track record will speak for itself (thumbsu

So let's get it underway, shall we?   :banana:

Edited by ChiSoxFan

Detective Comics #400 -- 1st appearance of Man-Bat -- CGC 7.5 -- White pages -- $450

Originally purchased here on the CGC boards many years ago as a VF/NM by someone who I (and others) regard as a solid grader, this was submitted in Charlotte at Heroes-Con.  I was disappointed in the grade, but I clearly missed some chipping off of the back cover (mentioned in the grader's notes), which I think was the main factor in CGC hammering the grade.  It still looks far better than its technical grade, IMO.  Grader's notes are as follows: light creasing to cover, light spine stress lines to cover, small, multiple piece out left center of back cover

20240622_092530.jpg

20240622_092401.jpg

20240622_092417.jpg

20240622_092432.jpg

Brave and the Bold #54 -- 1st appearance of the Teen Titans (per Overstreet) -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $550

Purchased from Dale Roberts at a show in New Orleans a LONG time ago, this copy has sharp colors.  Major defects would be around the corners, with wear/tears at the lower front left and the upper right rear in particular.  A really nice copy regardless.

Document_2024-06-22_090234.jpg

Document_2024-06-22_090331.jpg

Detective Comics #259 -- 1st appearance of Calendar Man -- F- -- 5.5 -- $425 -- Book no longer for sale

Awesome cover on this book, and not a book you see all that often in my experience.

Spoiler

Document_2024-05-10_123709.jpg

Spoiler

Document_2024-05-10_123833.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book no longer for sale

Batman #256 -- NM- -- 9.2 -- $120

Really sharp copy of a 100 pager.  There's the tiniest of color-breaking creases on the bottom right corner of the book that you have to almost squint to see.  I'm somewhat mystified this one hasn't sold in previous sales -- it's Catwoman in her brief stint in the blue and red costume, it's a 100 pager -- what's not to love? (shrug)

024.jpg

025.jpg

World's Finest #173 -- 1st S.A. appearance of Two-Face (questionably) -- VG/F -- 5.0 -- $35 -- SOLD to warden5523 @ 20% off

Subscription crease, small tear bottom front cover.  Batman #234 is the "real" 1st S.A. Two-Face, as this is Batman turning into "Two-Face". But Overstreet notes it as such, and it does predate the Batman issue ... and it's far less expensive.

Spoiler

Document_2024-05-10_125829.jpg

Spoiler

Document_2024-05-10_125921.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold