• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here (2024): Robert Zemeckis (dir), Tom Hanks, Robin Wright
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Trailer, um, here.

This had sailed entirely under my notice. Here is a very odd comic by Richard McGuire, originally published as just a few panels in Raw v2 #1, and later expanded to a ~300 page color graphic novel. It's about a point in space, which is the corner of a room in a house for most of the "story", which is not told chronologically and often uses panel-in-panel to give multiple simultaneous time windows.

I honestly think it's bonkers they are filming this, but they're keeping the conceit: the camera does not move during the film; we see only the parts of the character's story that take place within the window.

And yet this isn't an avant-garde art house flick, it's directed by Zemeckis and stars Tom Hanks and Robin Wright! So, um, yeah. I have no idea at all what to expect.

Thanks for posting this.
'Here' is the only book (or graphic novel) that has stayed / traveled with me through all six moves I've done since I preordered it on Amazon way back in 2014.
Only just found out about the movie today.
I excitedly wanted to watch the trailer on my TV instead of phone.

Whilst I appreciated the trailer showing all the time...the set was so obviously a digital effect.
(whether the volume or blue / green screen)
And the digital deaging for Tom Hanks and Robin Wright...was...well...it was plastic uncanny valley.

Needless to say:
eca-2563629411.png

Edited by troydivision1

On 6/26/2024 at 6:02 PM, troydivision1 said:

Thanks for posting this.
'Here' is the only book (or graphic novel) that has stayed / traveled with me through all six moves I've done since I preordered it on Amazon way back in 2014.
Only just found out about the movie today.
I excitedly wanted to watch the trailer on my TV instead of phone.

Whilst I appreciated the trailer showing all the time...the set was so obviously a digital effect.
(whether the volume or blue / green screen)
And the digital deaging for Tom Hanks and Robin Wright...was...well...it was plastic uncanny valley.

Needless to say:
eca-2563629411.png

There are absolutely some... issues with the trailer, but I'm gonna final reserve judgment for at least a little longer. But I suppose I will be surprised if this is good