• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAN LEE signed Original Art

25 posts in this topic

So I was wondering. If I could get Stan Lee to sign my X-Men # 1 Cover,..and other related art. Tastfully, on the back. Would this be worth the effort ?

My thinking is that after Stan 'kicks the bucket' that perhaps I can get a premium on the art if it bears his signature.

Just curious. What are everyone's thoughts ???

KK

So I was wondering. If I could get Stan Lee to sign my X-Men # 1 Cover,..and other related art. Tastfully, on the back. Would this be worth the effort ?

My thinking is that after Stan 'kicks the bucket' that perhaps I can get a premium on the art if it bears his signature.

Just curious. What are everyone's thoughts ???

KK

I would think Stan Lee would be more than happy to sign your X-Men # 1 original artwork.............that is, if you actually owned it. makepoint.gif

screwy.gif

Ideally it would be cool if he signed it small in the bottom margin. Are there any other signatures already on it?

Just another note. HATE personalization!

Would love to see Stan's face when he actually saw the piece!

Thats an EXCELLENT idea,...Ill have Stan Lee personalize it to "Krazy Kat",...I will than be Immortal,..of sort !!!

When its hanging in the Louvre,..people will say in 100 years,...who the F is Krazy Kat ????.....even just to be a foot-note on PRICELESS art. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

KK

If I could get Stan Lee to sign my X-Men # 1 Cover,..and other related art. Tastfully, on the back. Would this be worth the effort ?

KK

Sure. Just have him sign it:

"To krazykat/dennycrane/scourge456789/DanielDupcake/Destro/snakeeyes,

Get a life, Shillbag!

Love,

Stan"

yay.gif

if Stan didnt sign it when he drew it, he wont now!
Stan Lee drew comics?!? confused.gif

thats was my point... that many people really think Stan drew all the Marvel Comics!! Ask the "man in the street" who is Stan Lee? and they will say "The guy who draws SpiderMan!" Expecting Stan to sign it as absurd as those peoples assumptions that Stan drew it!. Something like that.

Hehe, I've actually been thinking about what to get him to sign for me at this spring's comicon in Toronto. I doubt it'll be original art though as I don't own anything that he's scripted.

I would love to see his face though when you showed him that page KK. I bet it brings back a lot of memories for him.

If anything I would get it signed outside the margin on the front so that it could be seen and not on the back. DO NOT get it personalized though. Although with that being said, you're right it would immortalize you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif