• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paperback Collection: What is your favorite publisher? Books from the 40's to the 70's
1 1

51 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2024 at 10:04 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Does anyone collect Universal/Royal Giant paperbacks 

royal.jpg

The giants are beautiful books and often are true 1sts that later appeared as Beacons. Sadly underappreciated. I think the split covers on the doubles are great but Ace probably did better with the dos a dos approach, giving full cover to each painting

On 7/18/2024 at 10:31 PM, Hap Hazard said:

How about BoniBooks from 1930 early paperbacks

Against the Grain by J. K. Huysmans in a slip case

bonni.jpg

bonnie bc.jpg

The Boni's are really pretty Art Deco productions. The early pb history books tried to highlight them but I think they were too conservative looking to catch on with folks who wanted bright colored covers. I had a few but not sure where they are now. I know I didn't sell them.

Since you have 70's in your title, I've been buying a lot of DAW books lately, especially Tanith Lee and Michael Moorcock. I don't know if there are any other DAW collectors on the boards or not. Personally, I think I was a bit of a snob and never thought I would collect them myself but they seem to be creeping into my collection on a fairly regular basis now.

On 8/17/2024 at 5:18 PM, alecholland said:

Since you have 70's in your title, I've been buying a lot of DAW books lately, especially Tanith Lee and Michael Moorcock. I don't know if there are any other DAW collectors on the boards or not. Personally, I think I was a bit of a snob and never thought I would collect them myself but they seem to be creeping into my collection on a fairly regular basis now.

Lets see some pics!