• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Paperbacks and paperback Lots CLOSED!

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll be offering up a number of Vintage paperbacks and Paperback lots.

First 'I take it' or words to that effect in the topic stream gets it! PMs don't count!

Lots will be shipped in boxes. Single items in cardboard 45 rpm record boxes with some extra stiffening. These have served me well over the years!

Shipping will be $6.00 via Media Mail unless otherwise specified in the description. USA delivery addresses only! Payment via PayPal. PM me if you are the winner with your PayPal email and I'll send an Invoice. Everything will ship promptly!

If you win more than one, I will combine the lots when shipping you might be charged an extra buck or two for shipping, but shipping charges are not a profit center here, so it will be a modest increase.

Thank You!

Edited by Book Guy

Tennessee Williams PHOTOPLAY Signet lot!

All are First Printings stated except for CAT which is a 3rd. These are from the Library of Carol Carr Science Fiction Writer and wife to Sci Fi Editor Terry Carr. Two have her maiden name in ink on the inside of the front cover.

Page 63 in ROSE is loose, but laid in. All of these have somewhat tanned pages though the covers are clean. As you know it is not wise to spread these old Signets wide open as they will sometimes crack, but normal handling poses no problems for these.

Price is $25.00.

IMG_6049.JPG

IMG_6050.JPG

IMG_6051.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6053.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

A small collection of Avram Davidson/Grania Davis Books, 3 signed. Also from the Lichtman/Carr collection, though some were obviously owned previously by other people.

The two copies of DR. GRASS are signed on the inside front cover. I assume the inscription to Merv Griffin is a joke, but who knows! PHOENIX is also signed on the front inside cover. It contains as well a short note from the former owner asking to get the book signed with a short Signed return inscription from Davidson on the back side. MARCO POLO has rodent chew to the front cover.

$25.00

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6062.JPG

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

Shirley Jackson lot All First Printings of their respective Editions. Mild crease to LOTTERY and SUNDIAL. Thin 1/4" + tear to the top edge of HANGSAMAN. Pencil price to the cover of DEMONS. Pages mildly tanned on DEMONS, LOTTERY & SUNDIAL, but really not much of a problem.

$100.00

IMG_6083.JPG

IMG_6084.JPG

IMG_6085.JPG

IMG_6088.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6089.JPG

IMG_6090.JPG

Classic Cover! Crease to front cover, some pointless vintage clear tape reinforcement to the inside of the front and rear covers. A pretty solid and attractive Very Good copy.

$15.00

IMG_6073.JPG

IMG_6074.JPG

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6077.JPG

IMG_6078.JPG

An Instant Fred Brown collection! Probably average Very Good. MIMI is the 3rd Printing (April, 1958)  of the 1955 Bantam Edition. All the other early Bantams are First Printings. The Corgi SPACE is the 1953 First Corgi Edition, with UK distributor ink stamps on the end paper. The others are various later editions or printings.16 Books in total. Shipping $8.00

Price $100.00

IMG_6091.JPG

IMG_6092.JPG

IMG_6093.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

IMG_6095.JPG

IMG_6096.JPG

IMG_6097.JPG

IMG_6098.JPG