• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion/Legion of super heroes, 2 titles debuted in 89, what is the difference?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Im just lost... doh!

Started in February 89 this serie is named Legion... goes for 70 issues

617205.jpg.34c9e5c9f45dded40efe2e255fdeddb3.jpg

At the end of the same year start this title named legion of super heroes... goes for 125 issues

1076879.jpg.7aac434c16acfb4d9fb50bff47deba08.jpg

but both are presenting the adventures of the legion of the super heroes, what the hell is the difference, im confused.

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 8:48 AM, BA773 said:

Im just lost... doh!

Started in February 89 this serie is named Legion... goes for 70 issues

617205.jpg.34c9e5c9f45dded40efe2e255fdeddb3.jpg

At the end of the same year start this title named legion of super heroes... goes for 125 issues

1076879.jpg.7aac434c16acfb4d9fb50bff47deba08.jpg

but both are presenting the adventures of the legion of the super heroes, what the hell is the difference, im confused.

L.E.G.I.O.N. 89 was set in the present. A spin-off from Invasion!

Legion of Super-Heroes was the main title set in the future, and was much better. Perhaps because I preferred the art; Giffen, Immonen, Moder.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/5/2024 at 11:42 AM, Ken Aldred said:

L.E.G.I.O.N. 89 was set in the present. A spin-off from Invasion!

Legion of Super-Heroes was the main title set in the future, and was much better. Perhaps because I preferred the art; Giffen, Immonen, Moder.

What I tought but I was not sure... because as I know usually the legion adventures are happen in the 30th century.

Thanks for your answer!

I will check both of them.

On 7/5/2024 at 6:46 PM, Uff_Da said:

If we have to go elsewhere to get asnwer why not close CGC forums right now...?

Seriously I hate these kind of replies...

But anyway I always have some good guys who make me cleared me on my questions here so I will continue!

On 7/5/2024 at 12:21 PM, BA773 said:

If we have to go elsewhere to get asnwer why not close CGC forums right now...?

Seriously I hate these kind of replies...

But anyway I always have some good guys who make me cleared me on my questions here so I will continue!

The forum member takes the time to direct you to the place you need, and you give him for it?  I hope he puts you on ignore, as I should have long ago.

I liked Legion 89 after it got its legs. That L.S.H series is, by far, my least favorite series. Post-Crisis Legion was far too convulsed and trampled all over Legion tradition.

On 7/5/2024 at 10:42 PM, shadroch said:

The forum member takes the time to direct you to the place you need, and you give him for it?  I hope he puts you on ignore, as I should have long ago.

I liked Legion 89 after it got its legs. That L.S.H series is, by far, my least favorite series. Post-Crisis Legion was far too convulsed and trampled all over Legion tradition.

So if I understood we re not on a comic book forum?