• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is she ?

30 posts in this topic

This from Newsarama a few months ago...

Sharp-eyed Romita aficionados will recognize a familiar face in the upper left hand corner of the image, although fans of just Romita’s Marvel Universe work won’t have a clue as to who the smiling character is.

“I’ve got a character that never appeared in a Marvel comic in there called Stripes – it’s Linda McCartney in a superhero costume,” Romita said. “She came about when Stan sent me over to take a gift to Paul McCartney at Linda’s fathers’ law office about 35 years ago – it was a drawing of Paul McCartney as Titanium Man. While I was there, presenting the drawing, Linda McCartney asked me if I would do a comic book if she created a singing group called The Stripes. Of course, I told her I would love to do it.

“So I ran back to the offices after talking to them, and started doing character sketches, and they loved it. But she never did get the group together, so we never made a comic book. I just put her in there, because it’s one of my favorite episodes in my 50 years of comics – spending an afternoon with Paul and Linda McCartney. They were so sweet to me. I was even thinking of putting Titanium Man in the piece with Paul’s face in this piece, but thought that would be too much of a name drop, so I left him out.”

Ron, great call! As for the statements below:

While I was there, presenting the drawing, Linda McCartney asked me if I would do a comic book if she created a singing group called The Stripes... But she never did get the group together.”

Of course she didn't! Linda's singing was Yoko bad.