• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Witness-Only Autographing?
2 2

2 posts in this topic

I'm going to a convention in December, and want to get my copy of Edge of Spider-Verse #5 (2014) signed by Kimiko Glenn, the voice of Peni Parker in Into the Spider-Verse. I've been posting this on several different pages here, just trying to get whatever information I can about the CGC authentication process before I go. Now I'm here, and I want to ask if it's possible to just get an autograph witness without sending it to get graded and slabbed after.

In addition to CGC'S normal fees, the facilitator that will be at the con charges $10 to witness non-celebrities, $20 to witness celebrities, and doesn't provide a distinction between the two on their website. I just want to show the autograph is authentic; I'm not really interested in what grade the book itself gets, and I know the whole thing would be cheaper if CGC itself was at the con instead of a facilitator anyway. Does just having it witnessed provide anything like a COA, or would I have to send it off for grading and slabbing to get anything like that, period?

20240717_233044.jpg