• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A founding... and no idea if it's worth to sell?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

OK, so almost a year ago I bought a fantastic run of Wonder Woman from 1 to 108. With time I slowly started to read some of them... finally the day I read #15 I discovered a Perez signing... the story was continuing in the next issue so few days after I read #16... WHAT A SURPRISE! it was signed too... finally I decided to check and the fact is that I have a full run from #1 to #23 signed by Perez, yeah most of this stuff is not worth something but it still a really famous run that tons of people have on their list, and there is also few books that we could consider as key... 1,7,9??

So what do you think could worth a lot of 25 books signed by the same artist? 

They re cool and if they are no benefit to make it would be nice to keep them for my collection... but if I could sell them much more than what they worth usually and buy them again then it could be nice.

Someone have an idea of how price this?

Thanks.

1.  Condition is a huge factor, as always.

2. Location and look of signature is also a factor.

3.  Now cgc authenticates signatures, so that be an option which adds value even to the raw comic, if (and only if) the grades are ultra high.

If we assume (even though help was requested but no info was provided), that we are dealing w otherwise NEAR MINT-ish comics and the signatures are on the inside splash, I would add value of $3-$5 each, maybe a bit more (but not a lot more) for keys

note: when asking for free internet help from strangers, consider what other factors/questions people might ask you while trying to help and provide it up front to make it easier for people to help and save everyone’s time

On 7/26/2024 at 4:45 PM, revat said:

1.  Condition is a huge factor, as always.

2. Location and look of signature is also a factor.

3.  Now cgc authenticates signatures, so that be an option which adds value even to the raw comic, if (and only if) the grades are ultra high.

If we assume (even though help was requested but no info was provided), that we are dealing w otherwise NEAR MINT-ish comics and the signatures are on the inside splash, I would add value of $3-$5 each, maybe a bit more (but not a lot more) for keys

note: when asking for free internet help from strangers, consider what other factors/questions people might ask you while trying to help and provide it up front to make it easier for people to help and save everyone’s time

OK so I definitely have to keep them.

Thanks

Once you rip off the covers, the books will be worth no more than every other book you've destroyed.  I doubt anyone will place a premium on a coverless 1990s book, signed or not.  Play silly games and get silly prizes.

Edited by shadroch

On 7/27/2024 at 3:03 PM, shadroch said:

Once you rip off the covers, the books will be worth no more than every other book you've destroyed.  I doubt anyone will place a premium on a coverless 1990s book, signed or not.  Play silly games and get silly prizes.

Lol I will never try to sell my coverless books...