• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long can comics be stored in a comic brick
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

So i have two 26 comic bricks. That is, 26 comics bag/boarded sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard and wrapped in bubble wrap. The deal that I thought sold did not go threw. Should I unwrap this or how long can it stay wrapped (months?/ years?)  The total value of all the 52 comics is about 500usd in mid-high grade bronze age.

Thanks

Edited by marf

To keep wrapped or to unwrap, that is the question...(shrug)  hm

Unless you know for certain that the books will sell as you now have them, why not unwrap them, it only involves removing bubble wrap and painters tape from the "cardboard sandwich", if you are still planning on selling them, folks may want to see pics of the books before buying, if they are still wrapped up that would be impossible to do.

If you want to keep them wrapped, the bubble wrap and cardboard are not actually touching the books so, as long as the "brick" is stored in the proper conditions (controlled temp/humidity, away from all UV light, away from all sources of heat/moisture/air vents, not stored in an unfinished basement/garage/attic), the books themselves are in Mylites with Acid Free Boards (poly is good for about 5 years) you should be good for a long, long time. (They say Mylar is good for about 150 years, give or take...)