• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada 2024

13 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2024 at 10:55 PM, ignimbrite said:

Are cons just not as discussed on the boards now? I only ask as Toronto shows (all of them) use to cause pages of traffic.

There wasn't much page traffic for FanExpo last year outside of a few people posting their pics after the show

Patrick Wharburton?!?  The Soarin' guy?!?  :insane:

That celebrity and comic creator list is stacked.  And then looking at the cancellations and what the full list COULD have been is just crazy.  The closest Fan Expo event to me is in SF and I really think the dates and how they occur right after Thanksgiving really hurts the ability to draw talent to the event.

For those going this weekend, have fun.

Alan Tudyk cancelled yesterday which is very disappointing this close to the show.  I was also looking forward to seeing Jeff Lemire and getting him to sign a few of my books but he has cancelled as well.  He is a Toronto guy and I always thought it was strange he was never at this event.