• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

James Cameron's secret TERMINATOR project (TBD)
1 1

7 posts in this topic

• THR: Another upcoming project that expands on work you’ve previously done is Netflix’s Terminator Zero animated series. I’m curious if you have seen that one by chance.
  • CAMERON: It looks interesting. My relationship to that is very much like The Sarah Connor Chronicles — other people spinning stories in a world I set in motion is interesting to me. What’s their takeaway? What intrigued them about it? Where are they going with it? It looks like they’re going back to the root cause of Judgment Day — the nuclear war — and whether that’s an ultimate timeline. I’d be curious to see what they’ve come up with. I’m working on my own Terminator stuff right now. It’s got nothing to do with that. Like with The Sarah Connor Chronicles, they occasionally touched on things I had been playing with completely independently. So there’s some curiosity there. It’s not a burning curiosity, but, obviously, it’d be nice to see it succeed.
  • THR: What’s your own Terminator stuff that you’re working on? I wasn’t aware of that.
  • CAMERON: It’s totally classified. I don’t want to have to send out a potentially dangerous robotic agent if you were to talk about it, even retroactively.

Edited by Bosco685

Cameron lost my faith with Dark Fate.  Like, the people doing Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genisys might have consulted him (I don't know) but those were fundamentally other people's movies.  Dark Fate was his story, even though he didn't direct it, and it was balls. 

Up until then I had a lot of respect for his storytelling, in almost everything he had done.  I have no idea what happened with Dark Fate, but hearing he's got another Terminator idea floating around no longer generates any excitement.