• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHat is the BEST way to submit a SEALED comic (hologram sticker over mylar flap) with COA inside?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I recently had a TMNT #1 virgin variant 4 cover set (limited to 300) signed and sealed by a Clayton Crain signing.

All 4 are in separate Mylars that are sealed on the flap by his hologram sticker.

Inside each book are 2 separate COAs; 1 stating the number of the limited edition covers, (ex. 203 of 300) and the other confirming Clayton Crain's signature.

The question is do I send all 4 comics in sealed and unopened to JSA and CGC?

Do I remove them myself from the bags and keep the COAs and original mylars?

If I send them in sealed, do they return the documentation with the graded books?

Or do you recommend I just pop the hologram stickers and leave everything in tact to limit them damaging it trying to open sealed mylars?

Any advice from people that have submitted items this way before is welcome

Thank you

You're gonna get a black/yellow CGC authenticated label no matter what since CGC didn't witness the actual signing.  Best thing you can do is keep the COA and original mylar for yourself and send the books in different disposable bags.

If you send the coa there’s a good chance you don’t get them back

On 8/20/2024 at 11:29 PM, revat said:

If you send the coa there’s a good chance you don’t get them back

Revat is correct. I have sent in a few COA's, mostly by accident, with books. The only one I received back was one I sent in that showed that a raw book was part of a recognized collection. Aside from that one, I got none of of others back. So, keep ahold of those. When you get the graded book back you can throw them in the bag with it. At least that's what I do.