• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Case of fake comics with fake copyright
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I think this seller could be dangerous for the market, I have no issue with facsmile comic books cover stuff... but here we re om the case of books who even got a copied copyright on the first page. I don't think that the publisher would really agree with this business and more of that these books could fall in the hands of people with bad intention to sell them a original. What do you think? More of that i cannot trust  that some have paid that much for facsmile books... as exemple some coverless copy of an original supes 76 goes for the same price that this poor brand new printed pages. This is sick... Screenshot_20240821_222828_eBay.thumb.jpg.174c595f19f50d3a0668b664270a83c7.jpgScreenshot_20240821_222853_eBay.thumb.jpg.4f10006b5b1f8925f1c7a11b9308d15d.jpg

I have mixed feeling about these facsimile books. Part of me wants to like them as they are potentially closer to the original compared to many reprints which have awful colouring or printed on glossy paper. I do like my books to be on newsprint stock. Agreed though, that they can lead the unwary astray if sellers attempt to pass them off as original, while claiming they were unaware that they are unauthorised copies. Fakes, in other words. And yet if done well, they are appealing! 

That seller is at least advising in the eBay listing that they are copies. However, his customers may have other money making ideas for them!!! 

Edited by LowGradeBronze

On 8/24/2024 at 12:26 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I have mixed feeling about these facsimile books. Part of me wants to like them as they are potentially closer to the original compared to many reprints which have awful colouring or printed on glossy paper. I do like my books to be on newsprint stock. Agreed though, that they can lead the unwary astray if sellers attempt to pass them off as original, while claiming they were unaware that they are unauthorised copies. Fakes, in other words. And yet if done well, they are appealing! 

That seller is at least advising in the eBay listing that they are copies. However, his customers may have other money making ideas for them!!! 

It's unethical for sellers to pretend facsimiles are real. It's like cheating people, and it ruins trust in the market. But here's the thing: does it matter if they didn't know any better? Can they claim they didn't mean to trick anyone, or must they still tell the truth about what they're selling?