• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmitting slabbed comic
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I had a comic come back to me with a 9.9 grade and had 3 signatures which were witnessed giving it a ss gold banner. I got the comic at an expo and I was wondering if the writer/artist comes back, I was thinking of coming back with the slabbed comic and have them Remarque it. If it’s taken out of its slab and resubmitted does the CGC honour the previously witnessed signatures before it’s reslabbed? Or will it come back with a different label than the gold which it was originally awarded? ( I’m also aware that the resubmitting can have the comic come back lower than which it was originally awarded….potentially)  

Edited by ValkRising

On 8/25/2024 at 12:50 PM, ValkRising said:

I had a comic come back to me with a 9.9 grade and had 3 signatures which were witnessed giving it a ss gold banner. I got the comic at an expo and I was wondering if the writer/artist comes back, I was thinking of coming back with the slabbed comic and have them Remarque it. If it’s taken out of its slab and resubmitted does the CGC honour the previously witnessed signatures before it’s reslabbed? Or will it come back with a different label than the gold which it was originally awarded? ( I’m also aware that the resubmitting can have the comic come back lower than which it was originally awarded….potentially)  

Get another copy of the book and have them Remarque and sign it

On 8/25/2024 at 12:50 PM, ValkRising said:

If it’s taken out of its slab and resubmitted does the CGC honour the previously witnessed signatures before it’s reslabbed?

The book will need to be removed from the slab by an authorized witness in order to maintain the existing witnessed signatures.