• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone know who does restoration in SoCal?

16 posts in this topic

You don't want to do that.  CGC will note it as restoration, staples replaced.  Staples can be professionally cleaned and get a conservation label which is better than the resto label (PLOD).  However the best value comes in keeping the staples intact and in place.  Someone can do some minor scraping of the rust off the staples and minor clean up of the area around them without removing them, it will enhance the look greatly and that is not even considered restoration, it's similar as using a dry eraser on dirt etc.  Only by removing them to clean them in a chemical solution will you get the staples cleaned conservation label designation, so I would try to stick with the blue label unrestored process to maintain the best return/value for the book.  

On 9/3/2024 at 5:54 AM, ramithard said:

looks like just the staples.....about 10 books with different varying amounts of rust....X-men 94, Spider-man 50,121,100,31,33, FF 45

do the books have some personal significance? 

On 9/3/2024 at 9:48 AM, Artboy99 said:

do the books have some personal significance? 

not really.....just sold 25 of my best books on Heritage

Hulk 181  5.5   9.2   9.4

X-men 12  9.4....etc.....these are ones I didn't think they would take , and  I  would just like to get them repaired.....doesn't matter if they get Purple or Blue label once re-submitted

On 9/3/2024 at 1:10 PM, ramithard said:

X-men 12  9.4....etc.....these are ones I didn't think they would take , and  I  would just like to get them repaired.....doesn't matter if they get Purple or Blue label once re-submitted

got a few pics of how pronounced the rust is? 

On 9/3/2024 at 3:10 PM, ramithard said:

It will matter if they get a purple. 

They are worth more money in blue labels with Rusty staples