• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - How Many Five Star Generals do we have around here?

56 posts in this topic

I think the post count feature should be removed completely. Does it really matter? Maybe it would prevent some of the nonsensical and inane postings done purely to raise post count (and imaginary message board status.) (My first thought when I see someone with THOUSANDS of posts in a year is, "This guy has no life outside the Internet and/or a serious need for attention.")

Post counts just provide incentive for some to respond to every single thread and share their every thought, no matter how ill-conceived and half-baked.

In fact, the quality of substantive information contained in messages is typically inversely proportional to the member's post count.

Of course, there are exceptions.

In fact, the quality of substantive information contained in messages is typically inversely proportional to the member's post count.

True...I'm nearing 8000 posts but it's taken me three and a half years to get there...

Jim

True...I'm nearing 8000 posts but it's taken me three and a half years to get there...

Jim

You're an argumentative and grating SOB, but you usually have something substantive to say.

grin.gifflowerred.gif

there were only 5, 5 star general before Krazykat

eisenhower

bradley

marshall

macauther

arnold

Quick, name all the 5 star admirals without looking it up.

I just realized I'm over the 5-star threshold! foreheadslap.gif I gotta get a life. sorry.gif

Eisenhower

Bradley

Marshall

MacArthur

Arnold (Never heard of this guy)

and you forgot George Washington! news.gif

action1kid already named the 5-star generals. I said 5-star admirals. You know, the navy guys? poke2.gif

Hap Arnold was the head of the Army Air Corps (which became the Air Force) during WWII.

Basically, the rule to becoming a 5-star general is you have to fight a world war. So I guess it's just as well we haven't had any 5-star generals in a while.