• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"ROADS" ... the origin of Santa Claus, by SEABURY QUINN. An Arkham House publicatiion

4 posts in this topic

Title says it all. I had iit priced quite a bit higher recently, because I didn't really want to sell it. The cover and interior art is by Virgil Finlay,:foryou: from a 1st presentation in Weird Tales. This is the 1st edition hard back. Offering this cheaper as I recently upgraded. Thanks for looking:foryou: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

SHIPPING INCLUDED IN USA

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL, CHECK, M.O. or SELECT LIVESTOCK

RETURNS WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF RECEIPT ACCEPTED

MEME XMAS STAR.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Posted (edited)

"ROADS", Seabury Quinn ...Arkham House 1948, limited to 2,137 copies.                     95.00

I got this from Catrick several years ago, for slightly more than this list. Origin of Santa from Weird Tales, cover and art by VIRGL FINLAY... extremely cool. 

ROADS SEABURY QUINN a.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN b.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN c.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN d.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN e.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN f.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN g.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN h.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On 8/31/2024 at 9:35 PM, OtherEric said:

I already have my copy, Jimbo.  But it's a great book, Seabury Quinn's one genuine classic.

I just gave it a thorough reading, as it doesn't seem destined for sale here. I'll leave it up until Christmas and will likely give it to a grandkid or one of the nieces or nephews. I just wanted to make sure Santa wasn't created by Nyarlathotep or something, before gifting it. Don't want to give "Flesh Eating Santa Zombie" to one of the kidlets. "No, No, Santa, you're supposed to eat the cookies!! Aaiiieee!!" GOD BLESS ... 

jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

MEME 10 COMMANDMENTS.jpg

Edited by jimjum12