• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold, Silver and Bronze Books for Sale.......CLOSED
5 5

259 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2024 at 7:58 PM, Readcomix said:

UPDATE — Jan 1964 means FF #22, a somewhat similar Thing on the cover, inked by D. Ick Ayers, and interiors inked by George Roussos. I remember Joe saying once he felt thick lines were important to emphasize the thickness of Ben’s plating. Looks like a group effort in evolving that look

I think FF 18 is the first "rocky Thing". For some reason, it looks like Stan tried out new inkers and artists an issue or two ahead, on a cover. GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus):cloud9:

On 9/10/2024 at 8:09 AM, jimjum12 said:
On 9/9/2024 at 7:58 PM, Readcomix said:

UPDATE — Jan 1964 means FF #22, a somewhat similar Thing on the cover, inked by D. Ick Ayers, and interiors inked by George Roussos. I remember Joe saying once he felt thick lines were important to emphasize the thickness of Ben’s plating. Looks like a group effort in evolving that look

I think FF 18 is the first "rocky Thing". For some reason, it looks like Stan tried out new inkers and artists an issue or two ahead, on a cover. GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus):cloud9:

Roussos was an inker on Kirby that I liked more than most, excepting, of course, 25 and 26. I later stumbled on to his GA work and he was exceptional, excelling on characters like Vigilante and Black Terror. Sorry to keep bumping this thread. I'll stop now. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/10/2024 at 9:35 AM, jimjum12 said:

Roussos was an inker on Kirby that I liked more than most, excepting, of course, 25 and 26. I later stumbled on to his GA work and he was exceptional, excelling on characters like Vigilante and Black Terror. Sorry to keep bumping this thread. I'll stop now. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Love this convo! A few good (and maybe some not-so-good) inkers on SA FF, in my opinion. All brought different contributions to the evolution of the characters - especially how Thing was visually depicted.  All of this to say...Joe Sinnott + Kirby produced the BEST Thing I ever saw on paper - but that's just my subjective opinion of course. 

On 9/10/2024 at 2:09 PM, ThePreacher said:

Love this convo! A few good (and maybe some not-so-good) inkers on SA FF, in my opinion. All brought different contributions to the evolution of the characters - especially how Thing was visually depicted.  All of this to say...Joe Sinnott + Kirby produced the BEST Thing I ever saw on paper - but that's just my subjective opinion of course. 

Joe and Jack were a match made in heaven. IMHO, no one else ever took Kirby to that level again. I also loved Chic Stone, but II'm iin a miinority there. GOD BLESS .... 

Jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/7/2024 at 8:26 AM, nochips said:

Buckaroo Banzai # 1 Fine $ 9.00 White Mountain copy  SOLD

Captain America 120 Fair $ 1.00

Captain Marvel 24 VG $ 3.00  SOLD

Reveal hidden contents

29261.jpg

29821.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

30428.jpg

Please add Cap 120 to my pile at 25% off for a cool 75 cents!

On 9/7/2024 at 4:16 PM, nochips said:

Superman's Girl Lois Lane

7 Fine $ 50.00  SOLD

8 VG/F $ 35.00

15 Fine+ $ 30.00  SOLD

18 VF Minus $ 45.00

Reveal hidden contents

30742.jpg

29295.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

29287.jpg

29288.jpg