• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new avengers and bendis

27 posts in this topic

i guess you guys are right about different audiences, i mean let's face it, if comics were still writen the way they were in the gold/silver ages, we would have the same amount of old men who buys the same comics with 0% profit increase for the comic industry in general. and possibly a lack of new titles due to the lack of interest...

bendis to me has brought a new wave of fans to the comic industry, me been one of them, and by that i mean teenagers, comics has to evolve into the new ages, and i think they at marvel and dc knows that. im sure losing a few hard-core collectors who only mainly buys silver/gold ages comics is a good trade off when they get god-knows how many BRAND NEW fans, whom, are still young enough to keep buying the new comics, such as, ultimate spider-man, uxm, uff, and of course new avengers.

because of a sudden interest in the comic book genere, such as x-men movie, spider-man movie, being such big box office hits. comic book readers are no longer "geeks", it's being glorified so much recently that it's ALMOST acceptable to the main stream (notice its almost wink.gif). they simply can not just use the same old formulas they used since amazing fantasy 15... dont get me wrong, im not saying it's bad, but everything has it's time. hell, i love the old "action" covers a lot better then these days "pose" covers. but when a change is due, a change is due. and bendis was good enough to make that change and bring a new bread of comic book readers, while nto losing TOO many of the old ones. weather u like it or not, im thinking him and the way he presents characters/comic storys is here to stay.

but i do agree, his not always good, i dont like his work on HoM much, and he IS overloaded a bit... being one of the most popular writer at marvel i'm not susprised though.

i guess you guys are right about different audiences, i mean let's face it, if comics were still writen the way they were in the gold/silver ages, we would have the same amount of old men who buys the same comics with 0% profit increase for the comic industry in general. and possibly a lack of new titles due to the lack of interest...

thumbsup2.gif Good call. If times did not change, and comics were writen exactly the same way they were in the 60's, I don't think they'd interest me all that much.

He definitely has a pacing issue. That's why I only read USM as a trade - it works much much better that way.

That makes sense. I've read the first 3 or 4 trades, and thought they were great. Maybe the next arc, I'll collect them all before I sit down and read them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif