• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on production art. Things like acetate sheets used for color separation and other one of a kind items used in the production of a book. I can't seem to find any info about it anywhere. Is anybody out there collecting that stuff, and which part of the process (besides the OA) is the most collectable. I've seen a few people on ebay selling them, but it's hard to tell how legit they are. It seems like something that could be easily reproduced with some acetate and a copy machine.

I realize this thread is for discussing OA and I apologize for being off topic, but I felt if anyone knew about this, you guys would.

Thanks'

"half-stepping"? you mean I was a big spender? sorry, english is not my first language :(

I wish I remember how much I paid for it. I had a bad habit of buying things and then don't ever write down what I paid for them anywhere but I am pretty sure it was between 300 and 400 dollars. In all of these years, I have never sold one book so I never thought of caring what I paid for them....stupiddddddd in hindsight this hobby.

I wish I had the money back then because about the same time on Ebay, someone posted a complete original art with colors also for one of Neal Adam's X-MEN. I can't recall the exact issue but I think it was the one with Sauron. It was an incredible set and I didn't bother trying to bid. I have never anything like that since. Anyone here bought that?

I would trade my entire set of x-men collection for all those pages today if I have a 2nd chance.

Thought I would share with you guys a little water color that I got this weekend. I also got a couple of autographs and a self portrait sketch from Mr. Davis.

Jackdavis.jpg

:o Daaaaaaaaaaaannnnngggggggggggg :o

If it should ever need a home.......

Additional sketches obtained from Long Beach Comic Con:

Captain America by Livio Ramondelli

3980480959_c0b4dc3d74.jpg

The Joker by Joe Benitez

3981241228_6af3805a3e.jpg

J. Scott Campbell drew Spiderman and Wonder Woman for my nephew and niece

3984187593_9a6269c9a7.jpg

3984949856_2555cb2768.jpg

So, here is some of my stuff I got at LBCC

The Hulk Vs. The Thing by Carlos D'Anda

LBCC2009075.jpg

Whilce Potracio

Wolverine

LBCC2009034.jpg

Joe Benitez: Captain America

LBCC2009067.jpg

Cat Spaggs: Thor

LBCC2009068.jpg

David Wong: Nightmare Before Christmas Wedding

LBCC2009073.jpg

I save the best for last. I really wanted something original so I got a cover recreation of ASM #129 with a twist.

Deadpool #129 by Rob Liefield

LBCC2009042.jpg

The Hulk vs. Thing is wonderful!

And I admire your guts for showing the Liefeld OA. :baiting:

Thanks, I know what everyone say's about him but I grew up on the New Mutants. This is acutually my second piece from him. He did me an Avengers piece back at SDCC.

Before the flaming got to be too much to bear, I used to defend Liefeld a bit. He's got some famously lame work, but there's some good stuff in there too. Your Deadpool drawing is cool and the vibe is a bit more fun than I'm used to seeing in his work.

Before the flaming got to be too much to bear, I used to defend Liefeld a bit. He's got some famously lame work, but there's some good stuff in there too. Your Deadpool drawing is cool and the vibe is a bit more fun than I'm used to seeing in his work.

I agree. He was use to drawing so aggressive with Deadpool. But I think I might have change his perspective on this piece. Initally I ask him to write in the kill shot "My Wade sense are tingling". He laugh about it but said it would be better without it.

And, to pile on from Long Beach, here are mine...

Spidey sketch from Stan Lee!

lb08-stansketch.jpg

Bill the Cat from Berkeley Breathed

lb19_bill.jpg

Batman from Stephane Roux

lb20-roux.jpg

Batman from Simone Bianchi

lb21-bianchi.jpg

Spectre from Dave Johnson

lb22-johnsone.jpg

Supergirl from Ale Garza

lb39-supergirl.jpg