• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JLA 1 is it fair?
4 4

26 posts in this topic

Look, you've brought up many complaints you've had with other dealers and all of them are proven to be unfounded.   Are people to remain silent if someone on the forum refuses to disclose potential issues on their books? No one is picking on you.   They're just looking out for the community.

On 9/15/2024 at 12:14 AM, Coverdeath said:

@KCOComics

Your last advice on the sale thread had absolutely no sense, you told me to describe my book as restored and more of that told me the price I have to put on it?

As I said many times I could simply torn the corner and the book will be back in the blue label, this is a non sense.

Im really deceived by how the people are thinking, acting, buying, in this hobby. 

I will stay far from it and never use these forums again to sell a book and I also hope to never have to sell a book.

Anyway i buy only what I like so it will be no reason to have to sell.

I will also take distance from these forums except few relations in pm.

I like to have different opinions and comparate them to others but certainly to be targeted as I am now!

I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention.    There can be a big learning curve with the hobby and I was hoping to educate. 

I also don't believe your being targeted.  If anything @Semicentennial was just looking out for other collectors. 

If someone bought that book and got it graded, they would have been pretty upset to get a purple label. 

That's part of why I buy a lot of comics here. The community looks out for one another. 

Please don't rip the book further. CGC has been at this for a long time and they know the tricks. You'll just be hurting the book further for no reason. 

I've said all I have to say on this topic and I won't pile on. 

Good luck. 

On 9/15/2024 at 12:46 PM, KCOComics said:

I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention.    There can be a big learning curve with the hobby and I was hoping to educate. 

I also don't believe your being targeted.  If anything @Semicentennial was just looking out for other collectors. 

If someone bought that book and got it graded, they would have been pretty upset to get a purple label. 

That's part of why I buy a lot of comics here. The community looks out for one another. 

Please don't rip the book further. CGC has been at this for a long time and they know the tricks. You'll just be hurting the book further for no reason. 

I've said all I have to say on this topic and I won't pile on. 

Good luck. 

Too late :foryou:

And anyway now it have no importance anymore because I finally have this book look nice to me and I will keep it forever, as the title of the issue say... A world of no return!

Some think trimming around the missing piece somehow makes the book a plod instead of just missing the chunk.  Why not rip the book around the trimmed part and then let it organically fall off? It will look worse but perhaps it will pass their purity test.

It's a 1.0-1.8 book.  At that price, label colors aren't very important. 

On 9/15/2024 at 5:21 PM, shadroch said:

Some think trimming around the missing piece somehow makes the book a plod instead of just missing the chunk.  Why not rip the book around the trimmed part and then let it organically fall off? It will look worse but perhaps it will pass their purity test.

It's a 1.0-1.8 book.  At that price, label colors aren't very important. 

It s what I told since the beginning but some have an hard head here.

Anyway the book will be in my possession forever now so it doesn't count anymore.

On 9/15/2024 at 8:59 AM, Coverdeath said:

It s what I told since the beginning but some have an hard head here.

Anyway the book will be in my possession forever now so it doesn't count anymore.

I don't think anyone cares if you plan on keeping it forever.  The concerns popped up when you put the book for sale without mentioning you trimmed the book so that it can look better to a potential buyer.  There is a clear difference between a piece falling off the book naturally versus one that was intentionally manipulated to help sell the book.