• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huge collection of very old possibly very high grade comics NEED HELP PLEASE
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Needing help

Opinions please I'm all ears have 1200 books 60s 70s 80s 9090,2000-09,50s40sost part all bagged and boarded allost part never read 1 owner who gave the collection toe he was 80+. It's insane ?!!!!!! Help.is this where I can post pics of these I think are 9.9 or 10s and see what y'all think?I REALLY NEED OPINIONS AAND HELP .THANK YOU I WONT FORGET THOSE THAT HELP I PROMISE

On 9/19/2024 at 2:47 AM, West Williamson said:

Needing help

Opinions please I'm all ears have 1200 books 60s 70s 80s 9090,2000-09,50s40sost part all bagged and boarded allost part never read 1 owner who gave the collection toe he was 80+. It's insane ?!!!!!! Help.is this where I can post pics of these I think are 9.9 or 10s and see what y'all think?I REALLY NEED OPINIONS AAND HELP .THANK YOU I WONT FORGET THOSE THAT HELP I PROMISE

Typing was horrible needed my glasses

This is the wrong forum for this.  Re-post in the newbie forum:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/93-newbie-comic-collecting-questions/

Also, people like nice pictures and specifics of what you have, condition, and if there are any big keys like Amazing Fantasy 15, that one is popular and you will get much assistance.

On 9/19/2024 at 1:47 AM, West Williamson said:

Needing help

Hi West,

welcome to the CGC forum.

If possible post pics of some books, and do not be surprised if the books are no where near 9.9 or 10.0 as that is extremely rare even for brand new just purchased and never read comics.

On 9/19/2024 at 7:02 AM, Artboy99 said:

Hi West,

welcome to the CGC forum.

If possible post pics of some books, and do not be surprised if the books are no where near 9.9 or 10.0 as that is extremely rare even for brand new just purchased and never read comics.

But they are in the original bags they came in.  Why won't they get 10.0 or better?

On 9/19/2024 at 10:07 AM, shadroch said:

But they are in the original bags they came in.  Why won't they get 10.0 or better?

i'll play along

the "original" bags they came in degrade over very little time and that degradation leaves an oily residue on the books that can only be removed completely with a chemical cleaning that ultimately leads to a restored CGC label.