• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Unique, Interesting and now authenticated JSA CGC Books
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Ok, since JSA books aren't "Signature Series" but they're more like cousins, it made sense (from someone's suggestion) to start a separate thread for them since they go thru a different process than the signature series process. 

With books that have unwitnessed signatures now getting the chance to be authenticated and slabbed as part of a CGC process, there's a whole new world of books that previously were kept raw that are now getting the chance to be authenticated and slabbed. So show them off!

The more unique, the better, especially if it's a book with no Sig Series copies (since a JSA authentication might be the closest it ever gets). 

So I was dipping my toe in with the JSA authentication - 'lets see how this works' - and picked up a signed book in a Mike Mathew auction - it's a 'tester' - as in, he tested different paint markers on it - I had been looking for a copy of this book anyway, and thought I'd go for something, well, different. Definitely 'unique' and I would imagine not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it - I was actually hoping for a green label to go with the She-Hulk, but it came back yellow. 

image.jpeg.c8d3c1ec3ce4517d0284c29330117555.jpeg

Edited by dbcn

Here was one of my "tester" books that just got graded/authenticated. 

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #3 signed by Jeff (later Catherine) Jones

Some of you know my live for the Gothic Horror "Ladies in White" and this is a great cover of the genre. 

Jones passed away in 2011. Originally going by Jeff, then later Jeffrey, she transitioned to female in 1998 and began going by "Catherine".  I couldn't find any examples of signature series books signed by Jones before her death, so while they were alive during the "sig series" era, I dont know that they were still doing cons/signings (though I've seen some photos of her at conventions, so there certainly could be SS books, but I cant find any yet)

DarkMansion3Jeansigned.thumb.jpg.980d84dc2de2ec9ab522aa9dceac07f6.jpg