• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a roller line? TOD #10
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I apologize if this is the incorrect section to post this, but my question seemed to fit the best here.

I was looking at a copy of Tomb of Dracula #10 and noticed a horizontal line near the price box on Dracula. It's only a few inches long and does not seem to be a scratch. Would this be a "roller line", and can a book still get a 9.8 with a mark like this assuming there are no other defects?

linee.thumb.jpg.e695267abfd3d9b8172f08d91a871051.jpg

Closer view:

line.thumb.jpg.de158533f6b075d7d95679c7bf901a5e.jpg

You stated NM/MT 9.8, I already see a stacking curl, what else is hiding in there?

Does the book in its entirety meet the following criteria?

9.8 NEAR MINT/MINT (NM/MT):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect in every way with only minor imperfections that keep it from the next higher grade. Only subtle bindery or printing defects are allowed. Cover is flat with no surface wear. Inks are bright with high reflectivity and minimal fading. Corners are cut square and sharp. Small, inconspicuous, lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable as long as they are in an unobtrusive location. Spine is tight and flat. Staples must be original, generally centered and clean with no rust. Paper is white, supple and fresh. Only the slightest interior tears are allowed.

I would suggest you post full cover pics of both the front and rear covers, spine, front and rear inside cover/splash pages and centerfold.

Please make the pics as clear as possible as the above pics are not clear and sharp.

On 10/15/2024 at 11:44 AM, marvelmaniac said:

You stated NM/MT 9.8, I already see a stacking curl, what else is hiding in there?

Does the book in its entirety meet the following criteria?

9.8 NEAR MINT/MINT (NM/MT):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect in every way with only minor imperfections that keep it from the next higher grade. Only subtle bindery or printing defects are allowed. Cover is flat with no surface wear. Inks are bright with high reflectivity and minimal fading. Corners are cut square and sharp. Small, inconspicuous, lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable as long as they are in an unobtrusive location. Spine is tight and flat. Staples must be original, generally centered and clean with no rust. Paper is white, supple and fresh. Only the slightest interior tears are allowed.

I would suggest you post full cover pics of both the front and rear covers, spine, front and rear inside cover/splash pages and centerfold.

Please make the pics as clear as possible as the above pics are not clear and sharp.

Hi marvelmaniac, I am mainly just wondering about the horizontal line in question in the OP. Trying to figure out what it is. I do not believe that this book is a 9.8, but was wondering if a book could get a 9.8 if it had the line above, and no other issues. I know this is the PGM section but I figured my question was best suited here since it was grading-related. Should I post this in the general section instead?

Edited by Timed