• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your 2006 comic resolutions?

79 posts in this topic

Take less chances on Ebay, less chances with Dealers buying books sight unseen.

That's definitely one of my resolutions, although I doubt I'll stick to it - once a gambler...

Other resolution: find a great, in depth HG GA/Atom Age/Silver collection and purchase the damn thing outright. Hey, one can fantasize...

I say this all the time, but NO MORE STUPID CHANCES sumo.gif

After I received my last "NM", waited 5 weeks for it, it looks like the book was used for a door stopper foreheadslap.gif

Man, I've got even worse stories than that...and each time I swear that's the end. Admittedly it doesn't happen that often any more, tho'.

Then you grade them as NM- and put them on your site? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

Actually I'm not even talking about high grade purchases - the last two stinkers involved an alleged "solid VG/FN" that was a FR/GD (and after thirty emails, much rudeness from the seller, and three months of hounding and waiting I finally got my money back), and the other looked like a FN but was a PR due to half an art page ripped out. Not worth sending back that one, but what a waste...

Doesn't have to be high grade for misrepresentation and consequent crappe service to occur... sumo.gif

So, if I sell you some books, I can screw u around for a couple of months? 893whatthe.gif

Not if you want your Forum rep to go down the toilet... smirk.gif

That's definitely one of my resolutions, although I doubt I'll stick to it - once a gambler...

Other resolution: find a great, in depth HG GA/Atom Age/Silver collection and purchase the damn thing outright. Hey, one can fantasize...

After I received my last "NM", waited 5 weeks for it, it looks like the book was used for a door stopper foreheadslap.gif

Man, I've got even worse stories than that...and each time I swear that's the end. Admittedly it doesn't happen that often any more, tho'.

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

Actually I'm not even talking about high grade purchases - the last two stinkers involved an alleged "solid VG/FN" that was a FR/GD (and after thirty emails, much rudeness from the seller, and three months of hounding and waiting I finally got my money back), and the other looked like a FN but was a PR due to half an art page ripped out. Not worth sending back that one, but what a waste...

Doesn't have to be high grade for misrepresentation and consequent crappe service to occur... sumo.gif

So, if I sell you some books, I can screw u around for a couple of months? 893whatthe.gif

I thought that it was already in the sewers. insane.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

what Forum rep? confused.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

What forum rep? insane.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

The one that resulted in you wimping out on dinner. poke2.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

I thought that it was already in the sewers. insane.gif

You came 4th in the Forum poll, not last, Mr. Perfectionist... crazy.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

The one that resulted in you wimping out on dinner. poke2.gif
tonofbricks.gif

yeahok.gif
you too. sumo.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gif

"Mr. not show up for dinner, either."

Want to see my doctor's note? A copy of my MRI analysis? yeahok.gif

Are they slabbed? What was the grade? poke2.gif

sign-offtopic.gifforeheadslap.gif

You could have taken a bus.

yeahok.gif
you too. sumo.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gif

Umm, that would be kinda hard when my leg hurt everytime I walk. foreheadslap.gif

yeahok.gif
you too. sumo.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gif

Umm, that would be kinda hard when my leg hurt everytime I walk. foreheadslap.gif

Wheelchair accessible bus fool. tongue.gif