• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arctic Comic and Cards on Ebay They have raised their prices to the insane level

32 posts in this topic

Why is it that Oregon seems to breed such comic collector oddities?

Jim

Weed grows wild along the interstate... to the point that ODOT actually sends crews out to mow it, rather than trying to dig it up...

And then for some reason, the locals decided that free weed wasn't enough... so now the state leads the country in meth labs too... foreheadslap.gif

You know... you would think that being a 90 minute drive from world-class ski runs that are open 10 months a year, and a 90 minute drive from the ocean would be enough for most people. The ability to catch 15-inch rainbow trout within the city limits, and bag a four-pt (on each side) buck within 8 miles of town, plus pick all the wild chantrelles and shiitakes you can carry... all that should be a bonus.

Maybe it's the fact that Oregon is the least-churched state in the union...

Maybe it's the fact that the famed "Oregon system" of initiative, referendum, and recall has resulted in one of the most screwed-up political climates in the country...

Or maybe it's just the fact that half the residents are people who fled California, and they are far more interested in Oregon not being California than caring about what it has actually become... confused-smiley-013.gif

"It is the deceitful advertising that should bother anyone concerned about the hobby."

That is not what I read the OP to be about, although perhaps that is implied. It sounded like gripes about wacky prices. Thieving and overgrading are very different than overcharging for something that's properly advertised. The former deserves all the scorn we can muster, the latter deserves eye rolling manuevers.

i was complaining about prices. I bought some Bronze to copper Batman books from them and I was very happy. I was working out another deal with them when they jacked their prices up tremendously. I was ready to submit the order. I wrote down all of the prices a few days before but was waiting until after Christmas. I went back a Baboom!! Huge price increase. I contacted them a few hours ago and they agreed to give me the books at the original prices. I just ordered another 20 books from them in Gem Mint condition. I will be submitting them to CGC upon arrival.

So far from what i was sent the grading has been at least up to 9.8 range. But they are new books from the 80's.

Maybe it's the fact that Oregon is the least-churched state in the union...

Why is this a bad thing? confused-smiley-013.gif

Even most agnostics I know agree that it's a good idea if their neighbors go to church.

Regardless of how you look at it, it's probably good if your neighbors spend an hour a week being told they should be nice to each other. confused-smiley-013.gif

good to hear that the books are as advertised, even if wildly overpriced. and good to hear that they will tweak their pricing downward for a repeat customer. they'll soon learn that raw high grade [non-key I presume] 1980s books, even when people feel comfortable with them actually being 9.8s, sell a heck of a lot better for $10 than $50 given that few of them will even sell for $50 in a CGC slab. at $50 those raw books will sit and gather dust.

i was complaining about prices. I bought some Bronze to copper Batman books from them and I was very happy. I was working out another deal with them when they jacked their prices up tremendously. I was ready to submit the order. I wrote down all of the prices a few days before but was waiting until after Christmas. I went back a Baboom!! Huge price increase. I contacted them a few hours ago and they agreed to give me the books at the original prices. I just ordered another 20 books from them in Gem Mint condition. I will be submitting them to CGC upon arrival.

So far from what i was sent the grading has been at least up to 9.8 range. But they are new books from the 80's.

Damn. You are paying $20-50 for those raw Batman books? No offense, but that's kinda nuts. What do those guide for? $6? Without too much trouble I am sure you could find uncirculated copies for a WHOLE lot cheaper than that. confused-smiley-013.gif I came across a load of them for less than $1 each a few months ago and had trouble moving them at $3-5 apiece.

I am a little on the impatient side. I tried them out and the books I received were very nice. Am I still a little worried? Hell yeah! I spent 60 bucks the first time and this time I spent 500. Its a risk but not a big one. If more people on here would contact me with books I would gladly purchase them. My cash flow is a little slow right now but in another 2 weeks it should be good to go.

I am currently working on a deal now that will eliminate a large portion of what I am looking for.

I am still looking to complete 301-500 raw or slabbed. 301-350 could be 9.6 but preferably 9.8. 351-up has to be 9.8.

I am a little on the impatient side. I tried them out and the books I received were very nice. Am I still a little worried? Hell yeah! I spent 60 bucks the first time and this time I spent 500. Its a risk but not a big one. If more people on here would contact me with books I would gladly purchase them. My cash flow is a little slow right now but in another 2 weeks it should be good to go.

I am currently working on a deal now that will eliminate a large portion of what I am looking for.

I am still looking to complete 301-500 raw or slabbed. 301-350 could be 9.6 but preferably 9.8. 351-up has to be 9.8.

$500! Damn! Where were you a few months ago? Christo_pull_hair.gif PM me your list if you want and I will keep an eye out. There are a few stores and dealers in the area that have a lot of Batmans from that era that are basically uncirculated.

[quote

$500! Damn! Where were you a few months ago? Christo_pull_hair.gif PM me your list if you want and I will keep an eye out. There are a few stores and dealers in the area that have a lot of Batmans from that era that are basically uncirculated.

Will do my friend. Where the hell were you when I was posting this a month ago? Christo_pull_hair.gif

[quote

Will do my friend. Where the hell were you when I was posting this a month ago? Christo_pull_hair.gif

I had already sold them by then. I had a bunch maybe 3 or 4 months ago. frown.gif