• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL*STAR BATMAN & ROBIN THE BOY WONDER #3: LOVE IT!!!

35 posts in this topic

I thought it was a very good issue. I love Jim Lee's art. I would love to know why Canary is so hung up over Batman. Remember that's the reason she's beating those guys asses because she's mad at Batman.

Also you guys talk about Bendis and decompression, how about a 3 issue car ride with Batman? Are they driving from Iowa?

Also you guys talk about Bendis and decompression, how about a 3 issue car ride with Batman? Are they driving from Iowa?

27_laughing.gif I flipped thru the book, but didn't pick it up.

Love how Robin is already on the milk carton. How long has he been missing? Can't be even 24 hours. Good editing job there. yeahok.gif

I'll continue to boycott this trash. Lee's art is great, as usual, but I'm not sure if he's the right guy for Batman. Batman needs to be more organic and less dynamic.

Also, every scene with Black Canary was a panty-shot.

Worst new title. boo.gif

Once Miller is done with the writing the book is done. The All-Star Line is built as a limited series with one writer and one artist.

(In response to someone posting that they will be done with the book when Miller leaves as writer...)

Once Miller is done with the writing the book is done. The All-Star Line is built as a limited series with one writer and one artist.

(In response to someone posting that they will be done with the book when Miller leaves as writer...)

There'll be a new creative team on board after Miller is done. My memory for the rumors is a little hazy, but I know Art Adams is slated to draw an All Star Batman and Robin run. There was another team mentioned as well. Newsarama covered it all at some point.

"Love how Robin is already on the milk carton. How long has he been missing? Can't be even 24 hours. Good editing job there." yeahok.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....... The milk carton .......... The answer is that the story ( so far ), is not being told in a linear,

or srtight-foward-style. Think Pulp Fiction, all we know is that it is" Metropolis Fifteen hours ago...... ",

but not from when.

"Love how Robin is already on the milk carton. How long has he been missing? Can't be even 24 hours. Good editing job there." yeahok.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....... The milk carton .......... The answer is that the story ( so far ), is not being told in a linear,

or srtight-foward-style. Think Pulp Fiction, all we know is that it is" Metropolis Fifteen hours ago...... ",

but not from when.

foreheadslap.gif

but not from when.

foreheadslap.gif

Ok. a little more then. The story starts with " Six Months ago...... ", then we jump to " NOW........ ",

3 pages later it is " Metropolis Fifteen hours ago...... ". We have a high-profile kidnapping, done by a

'demonized-vigilante', if you know anything about abductions, the faster that you can get the information out,

the better the chances are for catching the kidnapper and the victim. So fifteen hours is NOT an unusual

amount of time to get this to the media, and then to Metropolis.

but not from when.

foreheadslap.gif

Ok. a little more then. The story starts with " Six Months ago...... ", then we jump to " NOW........ ",

3 pages later it is " Metropolis Fifteen hours ago...... ". We have a high-profile kidnapping, done by a

'demonized-vigilante', if you know anything about abductions, the faster that you can get the information out,

the better the chances are for catching the kidnapper and the victim. So fifteen hours is NOT an unusual

amount of time to get this to the media, and then to Metropolis.

But 15 hours to get it on a milk carton??? C'mon... yeahok.gif

but not on a milk container.. theres a backlog of images to get out.

That is why I say, we do not have a time frame that gives us a reference as to when.. The story is NOT

being told in a stright-forward story line, rather, as it is now being told, it is in flash-back-vignettes, fragments,

not a minute-by-minute narrative. So the milk container could be weeks after the event, even months, or

because of the nature of who did the kidnapping, where it took place, and that not all the players are known,

it may well have been part of how Bruce will come to take as his ward........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ONLY TIME WILL TELL.......... wink.gifpoke2.gif

Given the rave reviews in this thread, I picked up issues #2 and #3 and the #1 Special Edition (so I could look at the -script and figure out what the hell Miller was thinking when he wrote that POS) at the LCS the other day. All I can say after catching up with the series is...WTF IS EVERYBODY EXCEPT CHRISCO THINKING?? This series just continues to be GOD-AWFUL. #3 was a good issue? IN WHAT UNIVERSE?? We have a sociopathic Black Canary sequence that drags on forever without anything happening, solely for the purpose of providing Messrs. Lee & Williams lots of crotch-shot splash pages to fleece drooling fanboy OA collectors. We have a small sequence with Batman and Robin which is again comprised almost solely of splash pages (Albert Moy must be rubbing his hands with glee thinking about all the OA sales from this ish) in which the story is advanced, oh yeah, ABSOLUTELY NOT AT ALL beyond the events of issue #2. We conclude this non-issue with Supes getting pissed off seeing Robin on a milk carton, in less than 15 hours, for several pages so they can drag in the Supes fans and sell more original art to that crowd. THIS ISSUE SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED.

The dialogue and characterization, what little there has been of it, in this series, has been embarrassingly awful. Vicki Vale, the lovesick bimbo. Grayson, with a smarter mouth than any 12-year old could possibly have. Alfred Pennyworth, the embarrassingly hip Brit. Bruce Wayne, the creepy billionaire with an eye for little boys. Batman, the one-dimensional thug. Even Wizard (correctly) lambasted issue #2's dialogue as being among the most cringe-worthy of 2005. Yes, that's right, even Wizard gets it. "Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamned Batman!" foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif

I'm not sure what the rest of you are thinking. I wanted to like this series, I really did. Heck, I'm even among the very, very few that didn't think DK2 was half as bad as people said. But, there's just no apologizing for this series. It is among the worst writing ever seen in comics. If Frank Miller's name wasn't on the book (and I am a HUGE Miller fan, which makes this steaming POS all the more disappointing), all of you guys would be as critical of this series as I have been.

but not on a milk container.. theres a backlog of images to get out.

That is why I say, we do not have a time frame that gives us a reference as to when.. The story is NOT

being told in a stright-forward story line, rather, as it is now being told, it is in flash-back-vignettes, fragments,

not a minute-by-minute narrative. So the milk container could be weeks after the event, even months, or

because of the nature of who did the kidnapping, where it took place, and that not all the players are known,

it may well have been part of how Bruce will come to take as his ward........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ONLY TIME WILL TELL.......... wink.gifpoke2.gif

ahhh i get it, basically u r saying, it says 15 hours ago, but it doesnt say when the 15 hours starts. hell it could be 1 month after the kidnap, and then 15 hours ago from that 1 month... as the start of the comic says 6 months ago. i would asume maybe it s 15 hours ago from when BC kicked [embarrassing lack of self control] in the bar?