• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Namora 9.8 (Vancouver) Heritage auction

33 posts in this topic

I agree with you it is not a 9.8. IMHO opinion the mis-wrap takes it out of the 9.8 range to begin with. What I find more distressing though is the color chip in the LLC of the front cover. If you look at the close up image of the back cover on heritages site you can see that the chip is still hanging there. I hope this is not a case of SCS. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I agree with you it is not a 9.8. IMHO opinion the mis-wrap takes it out of the 9.8 range to begin with. What I find more distressing though is the color chip in the LLC of the front cover. If you look at the close up image of the back cover on heritages site you can see that the chip is still hanging there. I hope this is not a case of SCS. Christo_pull_hair.gif

It looks like a microscopic bindery tear.

It would be interesting to see some of the older scans of this book when it was being shopped around to see if the defect in the LLC of the front cover existed at that time. I know CGC doesn't really downgrade for bindery tears, but when you take the mis-wrap and the (bindery tear, color chip) into consideration, I am surprised this book received a 9.8 in my opinion.

I'm not, as CGC doesn't really downgrade for mis-wraps either. So, in CGC's eyes we're talking about two non-flaws.

As for seeing that bindery tear in a scan from "before" there's no way he shopped around a big enough scan to see that tiny little flaw.

i think sub-mariner completionists might view this as a cherry to their collections...

But how many GA Sub-Mariner completionists are there? Five? confused-smiley-013.gif

let me rephrase my post to its intended meaning.

Sub-Mariner collectors might view this as a cherry to their collection.

anyways what's your point?

Just wondering what the market is for a HG Namora #1. Pretty small, I'd say. To me, this comic seems like a "white elephant".

Just something I would consider before paying $10K for any comic. That's all.

Metropolis had one on their site a couple of years ago(VF/NM) in the 2K neighborhood.It's gone now but it did sit there for awhile.Personally I would be happy with the Carson City copy at 9.0,but it's out of MY league.It wouldn't surprise me if that one fails to meet reserve.Two HG copies at one time may be a bit much for one auction.If you're a Everett fan,the Namora run contains some very sharp examples of his work.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif